Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money from AIB to ANZ account

• 18-11-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey.
    I'm just wondering is transfering money from my AIB account to my new ANZ account on d net safe to do? I want to try and transfer most of the money to that account rather than using my laser card as it costs money for every transation. Any help/info would be greatly appericated. Would AIB be able to do it over the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

i don't think it is possible to transfer money between your Irish account and ANZ account over the net. I had to write a letter to my Bank of Ireland branch and request a money transfer - giving details of ANZ account etc., took about 2 weeks in all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kdevitt

You can do it with AIB alright - of course its secure, just make sure you have the correct details for your beneficiary account!

They can probably do it over the phone too - you'll need your code card handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

I used a currency exchanger recomended to me by ANZ when i set up an account.

http://www.torfx.com/

seems alright..
    I wasnt too interested in waiting for a specific time to buy aussie dollars.. just needed to transfer everything over..

you do need to send them anti-money laundering docs which can hold you up if you dont have them handy

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

I have it sorted. Went into a ANZ branch today and the guy was very helpful. Told me how to do it etc. Happy out now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    I have it sorted. Went into a ANZ branch today and the guy was very helpful. Told me how to do it etc. Happy out now :)

Ha - you're the first person I know who was happy after transferring money into an ANZ account...the b*astards always rape you (and on both ends if you have an ANZ account in different countries that you are transrfering between)

• Advertisement

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    Ha - you're the first person I know who was happy after transferring money into an ANZ account...the b*astards always rape you (and on both ends if you have an ANZ account in different countries that you are transrfering between)

They do charge 15euro for each time u transfer money over which is a joke, but I just wanted the funds in my ANZ account the way I wouldn't be paying to many charges on the laser for each time I use it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

I don't suppose you can share the info with the rest of us, can you? It'd be handy to know.

Teg Veece wrote: »
    I don't suppose you can share the info with the rest of us, can you? It'd be handy to know.

If your with AIB internet banking you can transfer it from your AIB account to your Australian acount. You'll need your Australian account number handy, a bsb number and the amount you transfer etc. It takes between 3-5 business days for the money to transfer accounts. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

I just realised BOI have been charging me 7 euros every time I take out 300 dollars- motherfcuking cnuts. They have also reduced the amount I can withdraw each day from 350 to 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Thanks for that.
    My account is with Permanent TSB who I've just had to ring and was told that the only was to transfer money outside the EU is to walk into my local branch and request it personally. :confused:

• Advertisement

Teg Veece wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    My account is with Permanent TSB who I've just had to ring and was told that the only was to transfer money outside the EU is to walk into my local branch and request it personally. :confused:

Is there someone back in Ireland that could go into the bank to do it for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,874 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is there someone back in Ireland that could go into the bank to do it for you?

And do what? Unless that person is a party to the account the bank won't help them or allow them to do anything apart from make a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Subber08

Anyone know how much AIB charge to receive money from Oz account online?? Or how long it takes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

should be free and takes a few days.
    I transferred money to my Dad's AIB a few years ago and they didn't charge to receive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

My brother is with ANZ and had an a/c that allowed you to withdraw money anywhere in thw world from the hole in the wall and didn't charge anything for it, (obviously made enough from you on the lousy exchange rate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

sponge_bob wrote: »
    (obviously made enough from you on the lousy exchange rate)
    If they made money on converting the cash then that is a charge. Back in the early 00s I used my VISA card with draw cash around Asia (except Vietnam) and I didn't get charged a cent for converting, that changed after VISA went public.

Advertisement