Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture Auction Rooms Dublin

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hello there ! Well seeing as the country has gone belly up Im selling off some Air looms.
    I have a beautiful restored Victorian 3 piece couch.(bought for 1950) Is there any where i could sell this off and at least get 500 euro for it. I looked at at a few Auctioneers houses online ie Herman & Wilkinson they just seemed to be selling mainly junk (broken lamps and dodgey old wardrobes) Is there a decent Auctioners that would deal in decent Furniture in Dublin. Ok its not stuff from Buckingham palace but theres no point giving it away for 200 quid either, Any ideas Peeps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I was trying to figure out what an "air loom" was, then I realized it was heirloom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Hello there ! Well seeing as the country has gone belly up Im selling off some Air looms.
    I have a beautiful restored Victorian 3 piece couch.(bought for 1950) Is there any where i could sell this off and at least get 500 euro for it. I looked at at a few Auctioneers houses online ie Herman & Wilkinson they just seemed to be selling mainly junk (broken lamps and dodgey old wardrobes) Is there a decent Auctioners that would deal in decent Furniture in Dublin. Ok its not stuff from Buckingham palace but theres no point giving it away for 200 quid either, Any ideas Peeps?

You could upload a photo here and you never know maybe one of us might be interested and make a fair offer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Drumms in Malahide does a monthly sale of furniture, antiques, etc.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

You could also try Herman & Wilkinson up on Rathmines Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Herman Wilkinson's weekly auction can be full of junk but they hold back the quality stuff for a monthly auction of fine art and antiques. An auction with a reserve is your best chance of realising a good price in these times as half the shops on Francis St have shut and I doubt the ones left will be buying much stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You could post on Rec > Collectibles they might be able to help you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 splash221

Dont touch Herman Wilkinson they are all over the place and getting paid can prove tricky. I could write a book on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Splash221, stop dragging up old threads. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement