Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody hear of Michael Roll?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I heard of him the other day, and since ive heard of him ive ooked up about him and find him very genuine and real, i actualy believe what he says. Im usualy very skeptical of peoples proof and beliefs of the after life although i am a believer myself i have never had an encounter with the other side and am kind of a "see it to believe it" type of person with a very open mind and alot of hope that there is one...

This guy Miichael Roll is realy pulling me in.. anybody else know anything about him?

He claims to have 100% smashing proof that there is life after death, back in the late 1800's two of the UK's top scientists (one of them being the head of the royal society) both men claimed to have proof that the afterlife exists and they presented valid proof but didnt have the maths to back it up claims michael roll.. now Michael roll claims to have the Maths to back it up....

Look up Michael Roll on you tube and watch his interview, for all of them that are interested i highly suggest you watch it and to all you close minded skeptics out there, forget about James Randi for minute and watch this interview.. :):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

he says he isnt interested in beliefs, but the hard scientific facts which should be replicable under laboratory conditions.

that sounds fine, but where is this hard scientific proof and where can we see him replicating it in laboratory conditions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭liamwhite

Hi, if you look on you tube and search his name he explains his proof in an hour long interview and the scientist that he works with gave a hardcore interview some years back going into great detail with his proof. That interview can be found on you tube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-xBTipxos&feature=related

this is in 8 parts but is not very long at all only about 30+ mins. Very interesting stuff though.

These two men have been trying to offer this hardcore evidence but nobody will entertain them because when it is found to be true it will upset the entire catholic church and even the scientists today...

Also it is a fact Michael Roll offered to have this proven to James Randi but James Randi gave every excuse under the sun for it not to be shown... obviously to protect his own money and reputation!

Michael roll himself claims James Randi's whole 1 million Dollar prize can never be won by any person EVER with the restrictions he has set in placeto protect his money.

Look more into these guys, they are very interesting.

And no disrespect to any religious people out there but i would much more believe these scientists with high reputations over the catholic church or any other religion, why would Sir william crookes and Sir Oliver Lodge two HIGHLY respected scientists and inventors risk there reputations for claiming they have found something when they have not?

This sis scientific and for that reason alone IM IN :D

A lot of scientists today behind the big bang theory do not want to be proven wrong... just like the scientists were 1000% certain the world was flat, and when it was put to them the world is in fact round, the people that put it out were ridiculed and it was made public for years. and they were right the world is round and not flat, my point is that scientists and also head of religions think one way and do not want the apple tart upset...

These are not the only scientists that are putting it out there that there is solid proof, there are many but there all being ignored by skeptics, the church and other scientists.

People would wonder why the church would be upset from this find?? well because in the church you only live eternal if you follow them and life after death is conditional were as life after death in science is unconditional!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the big bang theory is a scientific theory, and theres many theoretical physicists who argue against it.

still, talking about something is one thing, doing it is another. has yer man done these things he claims he can do, in the laboratory conditions he talks of?

The last i have heard about him in all honesty is that they were looking for funding to do it with guaranteed results, according to the two scientists they needed funding as the whole thing would be expensive.

That was two years ago, now i am looking into seeing were they are at with the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just edited your title there, Liam.

Let us know how you get on with this.

I sure will, i will keep this page updated as i continue my search for answers :D and i better bloody get some, seen as been a half skeptic i have opened up fully to this, i suppose without opening up fully i would not have the motivation to find the answers :)

Peter,
    arguably the most important scientific experiment in the history of so-called psychical research was carried out by a young journalist Alan Cleaver in 1982.
    Only repeatable experiments with a materialisation medium can give the crushing proof that we all survive the death of our physical bodies. All five senses are working at one of these experiments. The "dead" materialisation medium Helen Duncan, who was killed by a police raid in 1956, was fully materialising every time the medium Rita Goold gave a demonstration. Alan Cleaver, now the Editor of the Hampshire Chronicle (Tel. 01962 841772), arranged for Helen Duncan's daughter, Gena Brealey, to take part in this revolutionary experiment. Alan Cleaver's full report of this meeting between "dead" mother and daughter is on my website: www.cfpf.org.uk
    As you know my paper that I submitted to The Society for Psychical Research for their 1999 International Conference was officially rejected by Professor Bernard Carr and his committee which included Dr. Susan Blackmore, the world famous expert on the study of "paranormal" phenomena. Prof. Carr said,
    "Your topic is not really appropriate for the conference audience."
    I now reproduce the passage from my censored paper for people to judge for themselves if my "topic" is appropriate for delegates at an International Conference looking into life after death and related subjects:
    Andrew Collins in his book 'The Circlemakers' (ABC Books 1992) tells the story of how in 1982 the journalist Alan Cleaver carried out the scientific exercise of getting Helen Duncan's daughter, Gena Brealey, to witness an experiment that was being carried out with a materialisation medium from the Midlands. The "dead" Scottish medium was materialising on a regular basis. There is no way a daughter could be taken in by an impostor impersonating her mother. Gena came away from this meeting fully convinced of the genuineness of this experiment. A complete account of this meeting between "dead" mother and daughter is given in issue 3 of 'Anomaly' the journal of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (ASSAP) in March 1987.
    Nothing happened yesterday in the laws of physics that does not happen today. Our ancestors witnessed the same phenomena and jumped to the wrong conclusions. Hence all the dangerous and divisive religions that are tearing the world apart. All the religious killing with stop immediately people find out they are fighting over nothing whatsoever apart from ancient people misunderstanding natural forces in nature.
    Michael Roll

Click here to see more about Michael Rolls Proof!

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/scientificproof/scientificproof1.html

Ok im back with more info, may not be 100% but this is what i got from it.. in the late 1800's Sir William Crookes attended a scientific experiment of a material medium, this is were the medium helps the spirit to form in its body form, the picture attached is the picture he took in that experiment of the spirit Katie King.

Now keep in mind guys photo shop was not available in the late 1800's and neither was any type of software to alter this picture :P

Also keep in mind that Sir William Crookes was a highly respectable scientist and inventor in his time, he was once the chairman of the royal society. I doubt he would come out with this in that day an age as a publicity stunt to risk damaging his reputation and career! - thats just my thought...

well here it is the picture of Katie King in her true form brought back on front of Sir William Crooks very eyes by a highly known medium of her time... dont ask me her name -- i forgot it :D but i will come back with that bit of important info lol!

But anyways you get my drift she was heck of a medium and to be honest when i go see a medium in Ireland this is the **** i want to be seeing lol not hearing what i will have for breakfast tomorrow or that somebody in my family was named Mary! :P

Anyways enjoy...

Lots of such pictures exist, supposedly of ectoplasm or spirit. Usually they are plain old double exposure fakes, sad to say.
    I recently sat in seance with a well known material medium. Lets just say it left me less than convinced. A lot less.

• Advertisement

You have to keep your mind open just a little bit :)

I know, there are Tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of fake pictures out there if not there are millions.

But what i try to point out with this one is that this very picture was taken by Sir William Crookes himself, and that this man was a such an highly regarded scientist and inventor i doubt very much that he would go to extraordinary measures to wind people up and put his career and reputation on the line? I just don't see sense in that at all :confused: now don't get me wrong i am a little skeptic myself but the more i follow this the less i am to be honest, give me this over and religion any day :P

As for the medium you seen for making the spirit material, just look like probably 90% of the mediums in the world the one you went to see was a fake. Most of them are fakes its sad to say, but that doesn't mean they do not exist. The medium they used for this in the 1800's was suppose to be a very well known one.

Ive been to many mediums so far and ive yet to see one that is not a scam artist and i have great doubts that i will see one anytime soon, id say i will lose about 2000+ euro on fake mediums before i meet a real one unfortunately. But that doesnt mean they are not there :)

No there is a chance that this man did not take the picture and somebody is lying???

That i will never know because i was not there when he took the picture than god, or else i would not know what a mc Donalds was :( or a kfc :(

Even if this picture is fake or it is only claimed to be taken by Sir William Cooks himself that still does not take away from the point of the proof that this man discovered, the proof that did not have the maths back then to back it up but does today! thats all that matters really is it not? we can look at pictures all day but what people really want is hardcore cemented proof and hopefully i really do hope that Michael Roll is sure of what he promises, he promises 100% crushing proof were his words that there is proof and it can be proven.. hopefully

I agree one or a thousand fakes wont stop a real one being real. I just dont think that physical mediumship as it is currently practiced is the way to go. Until it can be demonstrated in normally lit conditions (and currently it is not) it has no place in science.

Oryx wrote: »
    I agree one or a thousand fakes wont stop a real one being real. I just dont think that physical mediumship as it is currently practiced is the way to go. Until it can be demonstrated in normally lit conditions (and currently it is not) it has no place in science.

Fair point, but thats not the so called "smashing proof" they claim they have, that was just a one thing that happened and also Sir Oliver Lodge witnessed the very same thing.

But i think for two scientists of there caliber to come out with just a photo would have ruined them full stop, what they claim to have is a lot deeper than some woman coming back in material form. A lot deeper than my brain can handle lol

I suppose until this proof is presented then it is not proof but its a nice light at the end of the tunnel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

I asked Rita about the new developments and why ectoplasm was unnecessary to produce materialisations.

"The full forms are there in the room," she said. "In the past the cabinet, red light and ectoplasm were necessary, but now our people have said that the whole room is a black cabinet, sealed off in the dark.
    "They work from luminous light in the room, but they are now developing a way by which they can come with their own light. So we can now see outlines of figures. Three or four hands have been showing up in the light. The best way I can describe it is that it looks as if moonlight is shining on them."
    (Quote from http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/mediums/crossley/crossley_pn83-en.html)

I've briefly looked into this whole Materialisation Mediumship from the links posted on this thread, alot of which has gone over my head.
    I'm a complete novice and open to correction but do ghosts appear in these seanaces as described in the bold text above or are they like the 'hollywood' transparent floating person?

This is bothering me so much because the bold text matches what i more or less said in an old post.

whelpy wrote: »
    On the 16th sept this year (yeah i actually remember), i woke up and saw this ''ghost'' (white silhouette of a person, there were no clothing,facial etc. features) at the foot of my sister's bed. There was also a ''background'' light behind the ghost but it wasn't as bright. They were both flashing regularly, sometimes at different speeds & sequence.
    During this i moved my left arm slightly and when i did this the ghost stopped flashing. The background carried on as normal, and then after a while they both disappared.
    I had planned to study for a geog test that morning, ah well.
    The weird thing is i remember thinking that i would see it again next week, and i was right :eek: i think

So the following wednes, while i was asleep, it was like as though someone had flicked a light on behind my eyelids and this happened twice. Later on i was sleeping on my stomach and i felt a pressure on my head and at the base of my neck pushing me down. It didn't cross my mind that this was a pretty serious situation, I was wretched out from the light thing and i raised my head up and back down a few times but it was still doing it, though it went away later.

From some of the stories i read, my description of the ghost doesn't fit with them, it was just pure white light in the shape of a person :confused:

I just realised i've gone off topic sorry!

whelpy wrote: »
    I asked Rita about the new developments and why ectoplasm was unnecessary to produce materialisations.

"The full forms are there in the room," she said. "In the past the cabinet, red light and ectoplasm were necessary, but now our people have said that the whole room is a black cabinet, sealed off in the dark.
    "They work from luminous light in the room, but they are now developing a way by which they can come with their own light. So we can now see outlines of figures. Three or four hands have been showing up in the light. The best way I can describe it is that it looks as if moonlight is shining on them."
    (Quote from http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/mediums/crossley/crossley_pn83-en.html)

I've briefly looked into this whole Materialisation Mediumship from the links posted on this thread, alot of which has gone over my head.
    I'm a complete novice and open to correction but do ghosts appear in these seanaces as described in the bold text above or are they like the 'hollywood' transparent floating person?

This is bothering me so much because the bold text matches what i more or less said in an old post.

I just realised i've gone off topic sorry!

You havent gone off topic at all, what you just shared is something very interesting, it sounds very like the materialisation but i think what they describe in materialisation means they come back in the form, same form as they were alive. Now what you witnessed could have been something similar, maybe even a spirit trying to materialise, im not sure.

But what you witnessed i believe and im sure many would also, of course you will get the skeptics saying it was your sister playing games ect... overlook all that and try do a bit of research into what it might have been, try see if anybody else (not on boards) but on the net has experienced such a thing, i will try find out also for you if i can.

Great experience mate, let us know if it happens again :)

Advertisement