Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what happens if you hand in 1/2 weeks notice but the company want you to finish straight away? What happens pay wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You are entitled to get paid for your contracted notice period, even if you are asked to finish up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, this is called "Garden Leave". You're still an employee of theirs until your official last day so normal pay etc applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

So I've been employed by them for about a year so it's 1 week minimum,

if I hand in my notice on Friday they have to pay me for mon- fri of the following week? Just want to be clear as they have tried this with others, asking then to leave straight away and not paying the notice

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

IPAM wrote: »
    So I've been employed by them for about a year so it's 1 week minimum,

if I hand in my notice on Friday they have to pay me for mon- fri of the following week? Just want to be clear as they have tried this with others, asking then to leave straight away and not paying the notice
    Unless your contract states that your notice period is longer than one week, then yes you're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Remember you probably did a week in hand too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement