Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Fitting

• 18-11-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Need some advice on getting a new shower, I had a Mira Galena which gave me nothing but trouble so I'd like to switch to Triton as I heard they are much better.

My questions are as follows:

- What Triton Electric Shower model would you recommend?

- Will I need a pump, as I believe the Mira Galena had a built in pump?

- As this is a shower replacement is it a big job & any recommendations?

Cheers Guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The mira galana is an electric shower so you need to decide first do you want to

Electric: Which is cold mains turned hot eg T80

Pumped electric: Cold tank turned hot Eg T90.Mira Elite

Power Shower: Stored hot water pumped Eg Aquastream.

Clicking on the link on my sig explains more about showers.

Once you know what you want...people can then rec

Just bear in mind...The usual weapon of choice in ireland is a T90/Mira Elite 2

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Cheers Joey,

Had the Mira Galena, it was a tank feed pumped electric shower, so want to go with the same.

Been looking at the Triton t90rx Pumped Electric and think I'm gonna go with that, its in woodies for €269 (Silver). The reason I ask do I need an additional pump is my mum has the t90si and the installer also put in a pump in the attic, she has quite good water pressure (city centre) so I wondering would I need the same as my pressure is quite low?

Cheers.

:)
    akadesign wrote: »
    Cheers Joey,

Had the Mira Galena, it was a tank feed pumped electric shower, so want to go with the same.

Been looking at the Triton t90rx Pumped Electric and think I'm gonna go with that, its in woodies for €269 (Silver). The reason I ask do I need an additional pump is my mum has the t90si and the installer also put in a pump in the attic, she has quite good water pressure (city centre) so I wondering would I need the same as my pressure is quite low?

Cheers.

i dont think your right there. The mira galena is a thermostatic mains fed shower. A simple google can confirm that.

You can go with a triton t90si however you will need a cold feed to your attic tank just.

Your mom most likely has a t80 and the installer fit a t450i booster pump because the t80 should not have been fitted due to poor pressure.

can you just check and confirm....

Taken from the mira website.....

The Mira Galena is a thermostatic electric shower with separate controls for power selection and temperature/flow adjustment. A unique thermostatic valve stabilizes temperature changes caused by water pressure fluctuations. These can result from taps being turned on or off, or a toilet being flushed. An individual light indicates “START/STOP”.

In lay persons terms that means a mains fed shower that heats water. Simular to the t80 but thermostatic...

Ah I see, I bow to your expertise. One thing I'm fairly certain of is that the Mira shower is feed from the attic tank, when the plumber installed the shower he had to run a pipe from the tank through the ceiling to the shower, and a fairly messy job at that as the pipe is quite an eye sour in the bathroom.

So could be the reason why I'm having issues with the Mira shower, if its meant for mains feed water and is getting tank feed instead. I didn't have a lot of confidence in the plumber at the time as he said he didn't really do showers but had a go anyway.

Fairly clueless about these things as you can see.

Ah I see, I bow to your expertise. One thing I'm fairly certain of is that the Mira shower is feed from the attic tank, when the plumber installed the shower he had to run a pipe from the tank through the ceiling to the shower, and a fairly messy job at that as the pipe is quite an eye sour in the bathroom.

So could be the reason why I'm having issues with the Mira shower, if its meant for mains feed water and is getting tank feed instead. I didn't have a lot of confidence in the plumber at the time as he said he didn't really do showers but had a go anyway.

Fairly clueless about these things as you can see.

Again with due respect you will need just because the plumber ran pipes tp the attic does not mean its not mains fed. What he most likely done was connect to the mains before it went into the cistern in the attic. You will need to check. What additionally confirms my suspeciens of this is that thermostatic showers normaly need a decent bit of pressure to open the solenoid valve in them... If i were a betting man i would bet my weeks wages that this is connected to the attic mains...Thats how confident i am.

Your having issues most likely because of the same reason most people do....Pressure problems. Now if this continues you can disconnect the shower from the mains and using a T450I single impeller pump of any single impeller pump to be honest you can connect the mira direct to the attic tank(Infact this should be quite easy in your case) and then to the shower and your shower will work better than most peoples.

As they say you will get to have you cake and eat it.

• Advertisement

I've had 3 Mira technicians and 1 plumber out over the past 3 years and none of them have been able to give me any insight in the problem.

Many thanks Joey, your a gem. :)

I've had 3 Mira technicians and 1 plumber out over the past 3 years and none of them have been able to give me any insight in the problem.

Many thanks Joey, your a gem. :)

This worries me.....

however...No problem.

Advertisement