Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Connect

Options
  • 18-11-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Have switched to Bing for maps, wtf?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ugh!

They should give us the option to load whatever we want and select Google, OSM, Bling or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Bloody Nora it's like going back 2yrs wrt road updates.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Does remind me that I've been meaning to re download all my workouts from GC for ages so I can re-populate a local copy of SportTracks. Still annoyed that I lost all my workouts from my pre-Garmin days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

mloc123 wrote: »

+1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

robinph wrote: »
    Does remind me that I've been meaning to re download all my workouts from GC for ages so I can re-populate a local copy of SportTracks. Still annoyed that I lost all my workouts from my pre-Garmin days though.

Is there any way to mass download? or do you have to download one at a time? I'd like to download all my workouts from my old watch.

• Advertisement

Is there any way to mass download? or do you have to download one at a time? I'd like to download all my workouts from my old watch.

Not that I've yet been able to figure out, but only because I cannot get a page that lists all activities at once. If the Activities page, or the RSS feed or something would give the activity numbers then we could just do a loop and save this link each time:
    connect.garmin.com/proxy/activity-service-1.0/tcx/activity/<ACTIVITY_NUMBER>?full=true

Suppose, I could go through each page of the activities section in sequence and grab the 20 numbers from each page, but I've not been motivated enough to do that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Epic Fail. I hate it when companies make decision without looking at the impact on their customers worldwide. Atrocious mapping. Might be ok in the US, but in Ireland Bing is quite poor. Who do Microsoft get their maps from? The only positive is that their satellite photography is much better than google's. Largely unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

The only positive is that their satellite photography is much better than google's.

+1 agree with this, any idea what the satellite time delay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

mloc123 wrote: »

Pure sh*te. The only way I can even see the maps is to look in "Player" view. The map doesn't appear at all in the other 2 views.

Waaay out of date too - presumably it's a lot cheaper/convenient for Garmin in terms of licensing or Microsoft tie-up or something

Advertisement