Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jobseekers all halfed if partner getting same benefit?

• 18-11-2010 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering i am on jobseekers allowance, me and my partner have moved in together and are going to apply for rent allowance after the 6 months criteria has passed, however i see on the social welfare website that if your partner is receiving jobseekers allowance aswell then each of you wont get 196 a week but is halfed so that means we woulbe about 100 euro less off,we might aswell go back to living apart as we'd be better off. Is this correct? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

laurat1 wrote: »
    Just wondering i am on jobseekers allowance, me and my partner have moved in together and are going to apply for rent allowance after the 6 months criteria has passed, however i see on the social welfare website that if your partner is receiving jobseekers allowance aswell then each of you wont get 196 a week but is halfed so that means we woulbe about 100 euro less off,we might aswell go back to living apart as we'd be better off. Is this correct? thanks
    In short, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The maximum total you two would receive at current rates would be €326.10 (€196.00 plus €130.10).

Also, eventhough the rules state to qualify for Rent Allowance you must be either already renting for 6 months or deemed in need of social housing by your local authority, some posters on threads here have been asked to fill both criteria, with their CWO stating the rule has changed. Probably best to check out now with your CWO in case you need to get approval from the local authority also. It takes time.

Advertisement