Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasearch

• 18-11-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done any of their courses before in Ireland? Was thinking about doing it some some time in the future (hopefully next year). What was your experience like?

o```

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I did the into course last year in Galway. Best course I ever did. I have been diving 5 years+ and wish I had done the course sooner. It totally changes your diving habits after. You can now enjoy every dive, not just the ones where the big rare fish appear.

I would recommended buying any of the books they sell on the day. Litterally every page has details of some form of life you have been swimming past!

Ideally your buddy (if you have a regular one) should join you - so you are at the same pace on your dives. Nothing worse than diving with someone that has to cover ground for the sake of it when all you want to do is look for the small things after you learn how to identify them.

We did our sea search dives in Carraroe in Spring, at a shore dive depth of 3 meters or less. When its spring on the surface the same ting is happening under water... eggs and babies and new life everywhere.

Many many people repeat the sea search course again and again and again...its just that good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Sounds fairly interesting - who offers these courses? I'm based in Dublin and Cork, so somewhere near either of them would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Thanks for the insight yankinlk, sounds amazing. t1mm you can find them at http://www.seasearch.org.uk/, for specifics in Ireland, think you have to contact someone as they don't always have the courses up online straight away.

They seem to want you to have a CMAS Club Diver and/or PADI advanced cert for the Surveyor course, I don't have my club diver 2** yet, next year but it might not be till Sept. I may just push for my PADI advanced open water too, to be able to do it sooner.

Advertisement