Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Grooming

• 18-11-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a professional dog groomer in the kildare / carlow /laois /offaly areas? I have a 6mo Bichon that needs a trim. I don't want him trimmed tightly, just trimmed and groomed like a Bichon show dog. I am based in Athy, so anywhere within reasonable distance would suit. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

just going to pm u a number, i find tess brill she will talk to u first b4 u leave to find out what u want. She doesnt rush she takes her time, if u are also on face book she has a page there with all her pics of her doggies. everyone that have used her, go back to her. plus she is reasonable with her prices
    Forgot to say Tess is a vet nurse, her prices include full health check, nail clipping, ear cleaning and anal glands.

She is also trained and certified to chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I don't know if you would venture over to Portlaoise, but Vetcare on the Timahoe roundabout has a lovely girl called Grace who is a fantastic groomer. All services are included in the price, including health check, and you are given the check list after. The last time my mother dropped the dog in, she forgot to mention that she has a rather large skin tag under her ear, and dry eye, and when she picked the dog up, Grace had asked the vet to check them out, with no extra cost.

Just noticed they have a clinic in Athy too, but i don't know if they offer grooming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

thanks for that, must check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just bear in mind too that the groomer may not be able to achieve that look for you, depending on the condition of your dog's coat and the degree of matting, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

boomerang wrote: »
    ...depending on the condition of your dog's coat and the degree of matting, if any.

That shouldn't be a problem, as he is well brushed at least twice a day. His coat is good, it just needs a slight trim to tidy it up a bit. As he is only 6mo, it is still his puppy hair, so I don't want it clipped too tight.

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Tina at Paws in Kilkenny is excellent. Her number is 056 776 5444.

Advertisement