Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800gtx SLI needs replacing, Help!!!

Options
  • 18-11-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks, Found out today that my motherboard failed :(
    I need a 775 mobo that has 2 16xPCI slots for my 8800GTX SLI set up. However looking online they seem to be really expensive. So i was thinking replacing the 8800GTX's with a single card so i can cut back on buying an SLI motherboard.

Would the GTX460 be faster than an 8800gtx set up. If not, what would be the cheapest card that would beat the 8800gtx sli.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Hogzy wrote: »
    Hey Folks, Found out today that my motherboard failed :(
    I need a 775 mobo that has 2 16xPCI slots for my 8800GTX SLI set up. However looking online they seem to be really expensive. So i was thinking replacing the 8800GTX's with a single card so i can cut back on buying an SLI motherboard.

Would the GTX460 be faster than an 8800gtx set up. If not, what would be the cheapest card that would beat the 8800gtx sli.

It would be faster, not by a huge amount though

Advertisement