Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of 3 phase connection for workshop

Options
  • 18-11-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

Have already got some great advice on here re: electrics for workshop.

I will be sticking to single phase machines for the immediate future but have always admired older three phase machines and would like to have the option of three phase power for the future.

How much extra would it cost to get a three phase power supply installed to give me the option of running three phase machines? (ballpark)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It really depends how close you are to network and how much you will be needing. Rough guess 2K would be a minimum, but you will need to get a quote from networks to know

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

I had to pay around 3K, that was for 2 poles, new connection and existing 100Kva traffo 3 poles away for another customer. Don't ask for more than 30kva or your into comercial supply rates and charges, They put in 25sq cable and 100A fuses so the capacity is more than 30Kva anyway. It's better to be looking at it than for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Depends where your located, if in a housing estate etc it will depend how far from ESB minipillar you are as new cables would have to be run to your house. If your living in a countryside type house supplied from a pole top transformer then it would depend on how far from the nearest 10/20kv 3 phase overhead lines you are. A tee-off line would have to be built and then a 10/20kv to 400volt transformer put up. If they are nearby anyway then it will depend how far you are from them for the LV supply to be ran. Have a look at this link and if you are from an electrical backround you will know what to look for to estimate your cost. http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/commercial-downloads/ESB-networks-ltd-statement-of-charges.pdf

Advertisement