Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Cork

• 18-11-2010 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

I've just moved into a new house in Cork City centre and need to get Broadband ASAP.

Eircom want to charge me €121 installation so they're out. UPC don't offer it in my area and neither do Imagine.

I'm thinking of going with Digiweb's wireless service but I'm open to other suggestions. So, if anyone has gotten broadband in Cork City centre in recent times, I'd love to hear how you're getting on with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

fattestman wrote: »
    I've just moved into a new house in Cork City centre and need to get Broadband ASAP.

Eircom want to charge me €121 installation so they're out. UPC don't offer it in my area and neither do Imagine.

I'm thinking of going with Digiweb's wireless service but I'm open to other suggestions. So, if anyone has gotten broadband in Cork City centre in recent times, I'd love to hear how you're getting on with it.

UPC would be your best bet. I have it and never have any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

I had UPC in my last house and I agree it is good. As I say though, it's not available at my new address - I already rang them.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi fattestman, Smart Telecom was bought over by Digiweb last year, in the cork area we offer a comparable product to UPC.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/home_broadband.aspx

Hope this can provide you with another option

Marion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi fattestman, Smart Telecom was bought over by Digiweb last year, in the cork area we offer a comparable product to UPC.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/home_broadband.aspx

Hope this can provide you with another option

Marion

Thanks for that Marion, but I don't have, and I don't want to pay €130 for, a landline.

Advertisement