Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heading to Sun with 8 week old

• 18-11-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Have a Quinny Pram etc, how can we bring that over on the plane ?
    Was planning on doing the sling thing and checking it through is that a runner - will i need to get a bag of some sorts ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I always bring an all in 1 buggy flying but have seen people with multiple part buggys collecting theirs too.
    You give it to them at the gate before boarding or at check in and get it back when you get off the plane.
    I used to bring her in the sling as a baby on the plane too as she had a comfie place to sleep and could snuggle in to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭schnorkleborg

Id recommend getting a travel bag if you value your buggy. I have friends who have got theirs back with broken parts because of the way the are treated by the baggage staff.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I was in Portugal a few weeks ago & everyone else on the plane had larger prams like the Quinny Buzz/Bugaboo etc.
    I was raging, I brought my Maclaren Quest which I found fairly flimsy, if I had known I could bring a bigger/sturdier pram I would have.

I was anxious of the bigger pram I have being damaged, but it was a Ryanair flight I went on & I have to say they were very gentle with prams/car seats etc & there was a fair few of them on board.

Enjoy your hols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I'm heading to the sun with my 8 week old too next week (lucky me). I've gotten a couple of good tips already from this thread, does anyone who travelled before with small babies have any more tips to try to make life easier when holidaying with a baby?

So far I am going to bring the baby on the plane in my Baby Bjorn carrier.
    I'm going to bring a few sealed cartons of Aptamil in my hand luggage so I'm not messing around with powder or made up bottles that I would ahve to taste going through security.

Any more tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Have a Quinny Pram etc, how can we bring that over on the plane ?
    Was planning on doing the sling thing and checking it through is that a runner - will i need to get a bag of some sorts ?
    Thanks
    You might want to ask your airline directly as depending on the size of the plane, there might be different rules applying for that specific destination on that specific season. The airline might also have different ground arrangements at both departure and arrival airports (bus to aircraft instead of usual short walk, etc...)

I personally didn't want to chance the big Phil&Ted in the plane when travelling to France even in a travel bag, and bought a smaller Silver Cross which was better to handle as I was travelling by myself with 3 months old Baba. I really needed the pushchair while waiting for checking, embarcation, for the luggages to arrive... Which is why I didn't checked it in with my luggage. The baby sling is great but you might want some rest for your back, and baby will appreciate to be lying down to rest too from being carried in the sling.

Best travel combination is to use both sling and pushchair. Definitely baby sling to get onboard the aircraft as you have to handle the baby bag as well as perhaps your own bag and coat...

Fingers crossed the plane won't be delayed after you check in... and hopefully you won't have to wait unexpected hours with your baby in a sling.

Bon voyage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

I'm heading to the sun with my 8 week old too next week (lucky me). I've gotten a couple of good tips already from this thread, does anyone who travelled before with small babies have any more tips to try to make life easier when holidaying with a baby?

So far I am going to bring the baby on the plane in my Baby Bjorn carrier.
    I'm going to bring a few sealed cartons of Aptamil in my hand luggage so I'm not messing around with powder or made up bottles that I would ahve to taste going through security.

Any more tips?
    Yep baby sling and sealed milk cartons are the way to go! Make sure you have a bottle ready for take off and landing in case baby cries. My baby was asleep for both and it went really smooth. He seemed to really enjoy having the biggest nappy filling though while in the air. Make sure you have enough change for the trip, wipes and nappy bags in case you need to bag dirty clothes...
    Don't over load yourself as space is limited onboard. Try to combine your hand bag with your baby bag.
    Don't hesitate to ask the flight attendant if you can have a row with nobody else seating on it so you can have more space to handle baby. If the flight is not full, they should gladly point you the free seats.
    Make sure you show yourself early at the gate so you don't miss on embarking first.
    Enjoy!
    Bon voyage!

Advertisement