Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland

Options
  • 16-11-2010 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm a big follower of Masterchef, and after just watching my daily dose of Masterchef Austrailia, does anyone know if there is a Masterchef in the pipeline for Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Jammi wrote: »
    I'm a big follower of Masterchef, and after just watching my daily dose of Masterchef Austrailia, does anyone know if there is a Masterchef in the pipeline for Ireland?

I think we'd have to apply for the British one,I could be wrong there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from the "Here's what I had for Dinner..." thread.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AndrewS

Interesting idea. You would wonder who the judges would be. Hopefully someone with talent and screen presence, so that pretty much rules out Conrad Gallagher, whom I saw on Four Live the other day :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Young chef like Graham Neville or Jess Murphy would be good along with a youngish writer or some sort, maybe Jillian Bolger or similar.
    Just stay the hell away from the lads on RTE's the restraunt and chefs like Derry Clarke or Kevin Dundon (great chefs, just not great on TV).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AndrewS

Seaneh wrote: »
    Young chef like Graham Neville or Jess Murphy would be good along with a youngish writer or some sort, maybe Jillian Bolger or similar.
    Just stay the hell away from the lads on RTE's the restraunt and chefs like Derry Clarke or Kevin Dundon (great chefs, just not great on TV).

Dont know the two you suggested. Agree about Derry Clarke, fantastic chef, just doesn't have great presence on the screen. Corrigan might be a good one. Tough, loud and has plenty of experience on the TV. Perhaps Paulo Tullio would be a good choice for the second judge. Just not that "wine expert" chap from The Restaurant. My word is he bad.

• Advertisement

if tullio was involved I'd refuse to watch it! Doorley doubly so!

Everyone loves Nevan.

greetings wrote: »
    Everyone loves Nevan.

No... He'd just mammy them to death "Well, that sauce, it's a bit too salty, bt don;t worry paul, ah, no, please dont be sad, cmere and ill give ya a hug, ya poor divil".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

AndrewS wrote: »
    Interesting idea. You would wonder who the judges would be. Hopefully someone with talent and screen presence, so that pretty much rules out Conrad Gallagher, whom I saw on Four Live the other day :rolleyes:

Do you need talent to judge a talent show in Ireland? Look at the all Ireland talent show, which one of them has screen presence and talent? So if RTE get involved cooking talent will be way down the list. Isn't the bald bloke from masterchef uk just a green grocer with a sweet tooth?

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Isn't the bald bloke from masterchef uk just a green grocer with a sweet tooth?

He's a bit more than that in fairness to him.
    The other one is a damned good chef too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

greetings wrote: »
    Everyone loves Nevan.
    The Eoin McLove of TV chefs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

No doubt if Masterchef was ever produced here, they'd make a balls of it.

Like the British version though. Torode and Wallace are very good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Agree with you Degag - please Ireland leave Masterchef alone. Love the Australian one and like the UK one. Think if they did an Irish version it would just be a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jammi

Haha....some good comments on this, but I think when it comes to cooking and tv programmes in Ireland, its probably the one thing we're actually quite good at. We do have some quality tv chefs. I agree with the comment on "The Restaurant" though. Shocking stuff. But too late folks. Looks like its on the way.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I think it would be cool if it wasn't done by RTE - they make shíte of everything and everything is tinged with the green 'oirishness' that plagues this country.

I think Richard Corrigan (although I don't like him myself) would be a good judge - he can be harsh at times and you need someone to cut through the crap and say it like it is.

You'd need an editor of a food magazine too - maybe the editor of Food & Wine to give some balance.

Also someone to be the voice of the everyday palate... that would be a tough decision. Maybe a successful artisan producer which would still have credentials but wouldn't be as 'professional' as a chef?

Just after seeing the website launched guys. Not what we thought it was going to be, but not too shabby all the same, here it is. Looks like they're on facebook too, and from what I can tell, only launched this week:

<snip>

Can't wait for this. Read in the paper yesterday about two of the rumoured judges. Paulo Tulio was one,can't remember the other for the life of me.

Really Urban Sea?

What paper was that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Just after seeing the website launched guys. Not what we thought it was going to be, but not too shabby all the same, here it is. Looks like they're on facebook too, and from what I can tell, only launched this week:

<snip>

I doubt that has anything at all to do with the official Masterchef franchaise. The domain is registered to an Irish sole trader.

http://whois.domaintools.com/<snip>

Ah I see. Oh well. Fair play to him, gotta say it looks pretty good. I've joined them on facebook aswell (<snip>), and he has the recipes streaming from the website to facebook which is clever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah I see. Oh well. Fair play to him, gotta say it looks pretty good. I've joined them on facebook aswell (<snip>), and he has the recipes streaming from the website to facebook which is clever.

Absolutely, fair play to the guy for getting that up and running.

Minder wrote: »
    I doubt that has anything at all to do with the official Masterchef franchaise. The domain is registered to an Irish sole trader.

http://whois.domaintools.com/<snip>

Oh wait, it was Jammi all along! Who knew???? Shame I have to siteban him now because I was so looking forward to seeing what else that site had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Shill thread. Closed.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement