Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card

Options
  • 18-11-2010 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I live in Dublin in the Phibsboro area. I have applied for a medical card renewal, I sent away the forms a couple days ago. So I am just wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how long it will take to come through? :confused:

I need it soon as I have an operation coming up on January 7th, so any information would be really helpful! :) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    I sent mine back in Feb and am still waiting.
    On the plus side they seem to extend it for a month every month so no probs seeing Dr etc

If you go to www.medicalcard.ie and put in your number it will show the expiry date. I double check mine every month (usually around the 3rd) and its fine till the end of that month.
    I am in the south east though

Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Mine is up december & I sent the renewal away in October. Letter last week requesting more info......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I sent away my form about 6 weeks ago (Mid-Western health board). Rang them last week and they said that it will be another 6-8 weeks before I hear anything... You'll be waiting a while I'd say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Staciisaurus

Oh wow thats not good :( Not sure what to do for the operation so :/ My medical card expired months ago but when I moved it was hard to find a new doctor etc so I don't have a month left on mine... AHHH :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Oh wow thats not good :( Not sure what to do for the operation so :/ My medical card expired months ago but when I moved it was hard to find a new doctor etc so I don't have a month left on mine... AHHH :confused::(

But isnt there a new service where you can do it online now and have it i think within 10 days??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Mine is up december & I sent the renewal away in October. Letter last week requesting more info......

If someones medical card has an expiry date of 10-11 (meaning October 2011) -- does that mean 1st or 31st October?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Afaik the end of the month. Well thats what I go by and I have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Misticles wrote: »
    Afaik the end of the month. Well thats what I go by and I have no problems.

That was a rapid response! Thank you Misticles.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement