Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Accident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leitrim lass

Maori Bay is a beach Break.
    So I don't get the too lazy to paddle wide comment.
    maybe he wiped out early on the wave .
    either way its a shocking accident that rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Don't know if you've been on the busier reefs in size, a lot of surfers are paddling back these days, close to the pocket and blocking the wave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

rodento wrote: »
    Don't know if you've been on the busier reefs in size, a lot of surfers are paddling back these days, close to the pocket and blocking the wave

Do they, must be something about your charm and good looks that draws them in, are you the pide piper of surfing

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leitrim lass

hmmmmm. I think if I was paddling back out at a "busy reef" and I was inside or close to the breaking wave . i would take a duckdive in the broken wave rather than try to paddle wide on the shoulder,
    Remember some surfers out there don't know how to turn.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

"I was worried I was going to pass out, but I think it was the adrenalin that kept me going ... I was asking people how serious it looked and they all went 'yeah, it's pretty bad'."

seriously what do you say to someone with a lump of board stuck in them... no really i think its a good look for you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Don't think that kind of injury is all that rare:eek:

Didn't an aussie surfing nearly loose his eye at easky a few years back

Advertisement