Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All The Way Round 2011 Charity Drive Logo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

draffodx wrote: »
    I'm liking that! :D

Can someone with a more professional eye point the +/- of it as a logo?
    I prefer the 1st one and all that needs doing IMO is to make the 2011 solid rather than an outline.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mozoltov! wrote: »
    I prefer the 1st one and all that needs doing IMO is to make the 2011 solid rather than an outline.

which one?

which one?
    Happyman. Post #61.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Was really bored and suffering from a bit of insomnia tonight/this morning so decided I'd have a whack at this. I know you wanted to keep the logo pretty similar but to be honest I don't like manipulating other people's work so I through together something new. I kept the car that was used in the original logo.

If it's a direction you'd rather not go in that's no problem. Like I said, I was just bored and this allowed me to do something interesting with my time.

2rn993p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

peejay - nice work. I think it'd be better if you got rid of the old car graphic and and emphasised the road more heavily. It's a great visual, and it's going to be on moving cars so bring it out more could be good direction.

• Advertisement

Mozoltov! wrote: »
    Happyman. Post #61.

Ah the colour one? I agree but prefer the outline rather than filled 2011

And then peejay1986 confuses us with another excellent design too!

Think I'll have to talk with Quazzie to see what he thinks and hopefully we pick one before xmas.

Ah the colour one? I agree but prefer the outline rather than filled 2011

And then peejay1986 confuses us with another excellent design too!

Think I'll have to talk with Quazzie to see what he thinks and hopefully we pick one before xmas.
    TBH I think Peejay's is on the button. They only thing I can fault is the turquise-ish colour. Other than that it's lay out is very simplistic and the joint writing gives the whole thing a nice flow.

A different colour scheme to grab your eye to it, and that's it I think!

Cheers for the compliments guys. Wasn't sure how it would be received to be honest.

The colour choice was mainly because I feel that blue and yellow are two colours that compliment each other well. I felt the original colour palette wasn't really defined. I can see that it appears turquoise above, but it's a darker blue when open in Illustrator. I think it's the way I exported it that might have changed the colour mode. The actual colour is more similar to the boards.ie blue.

I think it would be possible to do a reversed version also. Something that could possibly be used on darker coloured cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Very nice peejay, I like the energy/mood it has. It doesn't screw around when it comes to the text either. :)

Happyman42, do you think you could try one more thing for us?

Could you take the 2011, the cars window and the colouring of the text from the first logo you done here:

(1
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    136550.jpg

And place them in the first one you done here:

(2
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    136462.jpg

So that the ATW text is in yellow and inside the car, the 2011 is moved to the swish and the car window is brought back in? But also keep the font style of the first one also (1) ?

Sorry to be a pain! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

• Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The standard of submissions has been really high again this year and the fact that we are currently so undecided is because there are so many good but different directions that we can go with this. We hope to have a decision made this afternoon about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Whoops...sorry, missed the request to modify...can you leave it with me for a wee while?

Try this.139400.png

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4271/allthewayp.jpg

-improved improvement :

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8454/roundx.jpg

;)

(maybe i shouldnt call it improvement as i have only spent 5 minutes on it and its not probably any better then others!)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Was really bored and suffering from a bit of insomnia tonight/this morning so decided I'd have a whack at this. I know you wanted to keep the logo pretty similar but to be honest I don't like manipulating other people's work so I through together something new. I kept the car that was used in the original logo.

If it's a direction you'd rather not go in that's no problem. Like I said, I was just bored and this allowed me to do something interesting with my time.

2rn993p.jpg

Just been reading through the thread and I love that one. Especially as a sticker to go on a car. Good work.

Op wanted to use the same logo. One above is nice, but for me it looks like something related to adventure/scouting and USA. Dont know why. :pac:

Haven't had time to have a gander in here recently. Nice to see discussion is still fairly active in here.
    softmee wrote: »
    Op wanted to use the same logo. One above is nice, but for me it looks like something related to adventure/scouting and USA. Dont know why. :pac:

Not trying to insinuate that my design is perfect, but the problem I see with the original logo is just the overall layout and lack of hierarchy. It's a bit all over the place and the name could be easily mistaken in my opinion. I also think the design would cause problems on certain mediums as a neutral background is very much part of the design (whether intentional or not).

I think the original idea could work but speaking purely from a a design point of view, I think it needs a good bit of work to make it look professional. The car is nicely made but the text looks overpowered by the car, which shouldn't be the case in my opinion.

This is why I felt it was best to create a new logo.
    Qs wrote: »
    Just been reading through the thread and I love that one. Especially as a sticker to go on a car. Good work.

Thanks for the kind words :) The thinking behind it was to make it work as a sticker as, as far as I'm aware, that's one of the primary uses for the logo. I don't think the logo should need any extra elements (white borders, white square/circle surrounding it) added to it to make it work as a sticker, otherwise it diminishes from the actual logo itself.

It is an excellent logo peejay1986 but it breaks our old one too much meaning we would have to re do the website design along with some other bits and pieces.

But I also agree with you about the flaws on the original logo, just to be aware we dont envisage the logo's on the cars being circular this year as this caused too much issues with rubber strips and curves last year.

We expect to have smaller rectangular stickers for the cars and so a rectangular design would be better in my mind, sorry for not stating this before, also we initially wanted to work with the ICS hence the chosen colours of orange yellow and blue, but we ended up going with barrettstown.

I'm torn between going for a completely new professional looking logo and keeping with one recognisable from last year

If I wanted to keep a connection with last year...here is what I would do.
    Stole Peewee's font ideas. There's nowt like a bit of Creampuff!139722.jpg

• Advertisement

Barretstown is a place for ill children yes? Why not making it more with them in mind?

Just a rough idea :

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5202/alltheway.jpg

-colours are not right ,shapes are dodgy - i dont have illustrator at home and it would need big improvement. :)

alltheway.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/861/logovjw.jpg

-just to show you how different this could look with some changes, it would have to be done by someone more professional then me -i am just learning :)

logockv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

this is appalling.

this is appalling.

Thanks for constructive criticism. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Mod-Edited / Removed.

* RopeDrink *

• Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

OK.

They're all appalling, try harder.

It looks like they keep throwing on effects until something sticks. A little bit more to logo design than that.

Care to make a submission of your own?

OK.

(says who?) :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks for a motivation. Everyone will now try harder. . . MR commander. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

OK.

It looks like they keep throwing on effects until something sticks. A little bit more to logo design than that.

That was what the OP asked for. To add to the old logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

softmee wrote: »
    Thanks for constructive criticism. :D
    The logo concept isn't bad at all. However, you need to put a lot more work into drawing the shapes, tightening the typography, and generally making it a professional, reusable, vector logo.

Right now, it's at the rough sketch/concept stage, and if judged at that level it's got promise, but needs actual finishing.

Advertisement