Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading and Leeds Festivals 2011

Options
  • 18-11-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Tickets for the Reading And Leeds Festivals 2011 are set to go on sale next month.

A limited number of pre-sale tickets for the events, which take place on August 26-28, will go on sale at 9am (GMT) on December 3. Tickets will then go on general sale next spring, when the line-ups are announced.

To check the availability of Reading Festival and Leeds Festival tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

Last year Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire and Blink-182 headlined the events, while The Libertines reformed to play them.

See Leedsfestival.com and Readingfestival.com for more information.

Source : http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/53897

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hmmm this could be fun......Reading or Leeds though.....Reading or Leeds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hmmm this could be fun......Reading or Leeds though.....Reading or Leeds.....

if ya can get tickets, DEFINATELY READING, less knackers and gobshites

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Reading it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

anyone know when the tickets go on sale?and any announcements? i am trying to decide on oxegen/reading/sonisphere/download its a tough choice hopefully one of the uk ones anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

When are the acts for this going to be announced? there is a rumour that Green Day are playing .. I don't believe it though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

i think one of the headline bands are my chemical romance as the organiser said the 3 headline bands are not headling any other uk festival this year!so i think its gonna be arcade fire,kanye west and my chemical romance!and jesse j said she will be playing too!i would love if green day played but i highly doubt it!

I heard that MCR will be playing too

Flip that excrement :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I heard Muse are playing . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

When are the acts for this going to be announced? there is a rumour that Green Day are playing .. I don't believe it though :confused:

A UK gigs site posted info about the release of their new live album...with the information "with special uk gigs to be announced alongside it"

Now Green Day's new live album is set to be released the same week as the Reading/Leeds announcement coincidentally :cool:

A UK gigs site posted info about the release of their new live album...with the information "with special uk gigs to be announced alongside it"

Now Green Day's new live album is set to be released the same week as the Reading/Leeds announcement coincidentally :cool:
    Its just going to be cinema screenings, its been announced for Germany already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'll probably be volunteering again at Leeds this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dermo wrote: »
    I'll probably be volunteering again at Leeds this year.

What were you doing?

I volunteer with these guys: http://hotboxevents.com/
    You help people in the campsites with directions, band times, putting up tents, making complaints etc. Just general helpers.
    Last year was my second year and I was the Team Lead in Brown campsite and by pure luck my 3*8 hour shifts didn't clash with any bands at all :)

With the line-up announcement for Reading and Leeds festival only days away, Muse, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance and even Green Day and Red Hot Chili Peppers are amongst the top bands rumoured to headline this year's weekend bash.

With other big name acts such as Pulp, Elbow and 30 Seconds To Mars expected to be announced as the main support to the headliners, all will be confirmed and revealed this coming Monday (March 21st) at 7.15pm GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say RHCP and MCR are definites. Deftones are going to be playing so I'd say Soundgarden for last headliner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

5546743376_16ff209549_o.jpg

Just as long as its not Green Day I am happy. They are the only band that would make me fork out the cash for Reading and Leeds this year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

That leak is most deffo true. It was posted on the Reading Fest forum and efest forum and the page was deleted.
    Friday is poor tho. TSTM subbing? Pffff :L

If it is fake, then it's a very very good fake.

On the basis that I know already some of the bands playing, I'd say it's true. Not a great lineup but I'll be there anyway :)

It's not a fake, it's a photo of the new Kerrang Mag.

• Advertisement

Yea was right anyways

poster_launch_2011.jpg

I was gonna go if Green Day were playing, but the only very good act there is Muse, everyone else is either ****e or only alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Friday is pretty perfect for me.....Not a bad lineup at all! :pac:

Though I don't like the look of Saturday....Only jimmy eat world..and possibly pulp currently interest me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I was gonna go if Green Day were playing, but the only very good act there is Muse, everyone else is either ****e or only alright

Green day, singing to teenagers for 2 deacdes. Must peddle the same **** to 3 generations.

Best line up for a fair few years.

Odd Future will be immense at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Muse really need to take a break from the live scene.

Yeah they're a good live act but you can easily oversaturate yourselves like Metallica or Kings of Leon.

This lineup isn't really my cup of tea tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its not a tour for Muse, will be last of a few shows. Keeps them ticking over till next album.

Mushy wrote: »
    Its not a tour for Muse, will be last of a few shows. Keeps them ticking over till next album.

I noticed on NME's video with the organiser that Muse is a European exclusive so that will cross out any Irish gig

I noticed on NME's video with the organiser that Muse is a European exclusive so that will cross out any Irish gig

they also said it'll probably be the last time they play some stuff of Origin of Symmetry

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Got the Muse newsletter e-mail thing just there, and they are playing shows in the Ukraine, Moscow & St. Petersburg so I wouldn't call that a European exclusive...Maybe European festival exclusive, which leaves hope for a lovely Marlay Park date..

• Advertisement

Here's the video I was talking about (not sure how to embed it)..

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1670076655?bctid=844502784001

Advertisement