Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading and Leeds Festivals 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Here's the video I was talking about (not sure how to embed it)..

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1670076655?bctid=844502784001

My Chemical Romance aren't even an exclusive...they are playing TITP, not as headliners though so I guess they are exclusive headliners. And The Strokes are apparently doing a UK/Euro tour in July so I guess he's purely talking about festivals (and headlining). So yeah wouldn't rule out an Irish gig for Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah exclusivity only ever relates to festivals. Could easily do an Irish gig.

And how the hell could it be the last time they'd play stuff off Origins??? Ya can't just blank out what is arguably the best album you'll ever make cos its old.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah exclusivity only ever relates to festivals. Could easily do an Irish gig.

And how the hell could it be the last time they'd play stuff off Origins??? Ya can't just blank out what is arguably the best album you'll ever make cos its old.

It's probably the last time some of these songs will ever be played live again. They'll still play some of the crowd pleasers, maybe less frequently...

audreykerr wrote: »
    It's probably the last time some of these songs will ever be played live again. They'll still play some of the crowd pleasers, maybe less frequently...

That makes me thing album tracks....booo!

Actually randomly heard Offspring on the radio today. This may sound stupid, but I think a gig will be announced soon for this side of the water. I remember right before Oxegen they played Weezer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    That makes me thing album tracks....booo!

Actually randomly heard Offspring on the radio today. This may sound stupid, but I think a gig will be announced soon for this side of the water. I remember right before Oxegen they played Weezer.

Hopefully , would love to see Offspring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Was looking to book tickets for that now but the home site requires a credit card (I'm Laser generation).

I noticed I can book them on Ticketmaster, but Box Office Collection is the only way to collect tickets online in the ROI. Colour me silly, but does that mean I can only collect tickets from the Reading box office, or any Ticketmaster outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Mr.S wrote: »
    99% sure its the box office on site. Well when i booked for Reading a few years ago it was, and Leeds last year.

Cheers,
    Figured as much. I don't know why, just a bit skeptical of going over for a festival without actually having the tickets at the ready, I suppose whats the worst that could happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ElectricBuzz

Bought tickets yesterday :D
    So....anyone know the best way to travel from Dublin to Reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bought tickets yesterday :D

If you're taking a load of baggage (Tent etc) then cheapest way will be Rail & Sail, cost is 85euro return, tickets from Irish Ferries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ElectricBuzz

Thanks! Also considering flying to Gatwick and get the train straight to Reading.
    Seems with Sail & Rail there are a few train changes and that freaks me out a little!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I've only done it from Belfast but assume it will be similar from Dublin, I flew into Stansted and National Express put on buses to and from the festival site, drops you off about a mile away. We all had our clothes as hand luggage and checked the tent in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Will probably head to Reading

Looking forward to seeing The Offspring, Rise Against, Descendents and moooore

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

Anyone going to either just for the day muse are on?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

working leeds, its mental, great fun

TommyJoe15 wrote: »

Am hoping to myself. Origins of symmetry in full, death from above 1979....must see for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

working leeds, its mental, great fun

I'm volunteering again this year. I'm working with Hot Box Events, who are you working with?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Dermo wrote: »
    I'm volunteering again this year. I'm working with Hot Box Events, who are you working with?
    FR or the wheelbarrows jazz,

Ah the wheelbarrows, had loads of fun with them last year :)

Ah the wheelbarrows, had loads of fun with them last year :)

the bane of my summer... i lifted about 4000 last year i worked out by the end

Just remember to tell the punters where they can drop them off, we had loads of them just dumped at the Team Caravans because that's where they were told to leave them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

TommyJoe15 wrote: »

Sure am! Just heading the Sunday, day tickets weren't too pricey in fairness esp for the muse:) Can't wait, will be an amazing night they are meant to be playing Origin of Symmetry in its entirety, shall be EPIC:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

I'm heading to Leeds, was there last year and it was great, can't wait! Anyone flying over on the Thursday morning I'll probably see you there.

Con_R wrote: »
    I'm heading to Leeds, was there last year and it was great, can't wait! Anyone flying over on the Thursday morning I'll probably see you there.

I'll be on site from Tuesday morning :)
    I will take some photos of the stages being setup and the whole place quiet. It can look so peaceful before the whole thing kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

Con_R wrote: »

I'll be on site from Tuesday morning :)
    I will take some photos of the stages being setup and the whole place quiet. It can look so peaceful before the whole thing kicks off.
    Any word on what the weather is like up that way at the moment?

Punters at this weekend's Reading And Leeds Festivals are almost certain to see some rain, with showers predicted for both sites across the three day event.

According to Metcheck, those heading to the Reading leg of the event will have to set up camp in the rain, which is set to fall constantly throughout Thursday (August 25). This will continue for most of Friday (August 26), but is set to stop by the evening, meaning 30 Seconds To Mars and My Chemical Romance should get to play dry sets.

Saturday (August 27) will be better, with showers only occurring in the afternoon and Sunday (August 28) will be even nicer, with sunshine predicted all day and temperatures creeping up towards 20 degrees.

Those heading to Leeds will again have to endure a wet set up day, with showers predicted all day on Thursday. Friday is set be rain free though, so those eagerly awaiting Muse's headline set won't get too damp. It's showers after that sadly, with wet afternoons predicted for both Saturday and Sunday. Fortunately, the evenings for both days will be rain free.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

Great to see hard working class Irish Bands making the trip to this festival and seemed to get a great reaction on the BBC link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00k27b8

Seem that there was a few irish acts over there this year. 2 Door Cinema Club , Fight Like Apes , Rubberbandits , Ham Sandwich , We Are Losers , The Minutes and The Original Rudeboys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Muse on BBC Three tonight from 10:30 lads. Just a heads up. Should be quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

SantryRed wrote: »
    Muse on BBC Three tonight from 10:30 lads. Just a heads up. Should be quality.

Special guest coming on with them apparently, no idea who though.

• Advertisement

Any word on setlist for Muse?

Advertisement