Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with moderation standard of mod

Options
  • 18-11-2010 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Ok, I usually try to solve a problem with the Mods but its got to the bemused and confused stage so I need a steer on this otherwise I may get site banned.

I post alot in the NCD forum among many other forums here, all my infractions have come from the mods in that room and namely one particular mod Hill Billy. The last straw was last night were I foolish posted a reply to a post that deviated from the topic, the content of that original post could have been considered trolling, my post provided references that the statement in the post was incorrect. The other room mod posted a get back on thread note but then this morning the other room mod gave me an infraction for trolling. So how come one mod can read a post not find trolling then another find trolling and issue an infraction on the same post? Is that not double standards? And its always the same mod that accuses me of trolling, I am sensing that personal feelings towards me is cloudying his judgement. But then I see reading the posts here I am not the first poster here that has complained about his style in NCD forum. I have mailed both mods to explain my point of view, but how do I go from here to avoid infractions from the Mod above apart from withdrawing from the forum?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055933778&page=18

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

This is being looked at now.

all my infractions have come from the mods in that room and namely one particular mod Hill Billy.

Three infractions were from Hill Billy and to were from Beasty. One forum ban from Beasty, so singling out Hill Billy does not makes sense.

So how come one mod can read a post not find trolling then another find trolling and issue an infraction on the same post? Is that not double standards?

Is it double standards, or is it the Human Factor? This is why we have more than one mod, so if something is missed by one mod, it could be picked up by another.

And its always the same mod that accuses me of trolling, I am sensing that personal feelings towards me is cloudying his judgement.

See my comments above regarding the actions of both mods.

but how do I go from here to avoid infractions from the Mod above apart from withdrawing from the forum?

By following the mods requests and directions and taking any issues to PM, the CMods or to the Dispute Resolution Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

75% of infractions are still Hill Billy at the end of the day. He has stated that my posting style is controversial, I can't help writing as I talk. He has on two occassions twisted meanings of my posts to something more than they were for two of those infractions. I called a poster "he,she, it " jokenly in a post as I didnt know if the poster was male or fem, I get an infraction while the forum mods joke between each other in posts in the forum. I might say that the poster that I joked with took no offence while Hill Billy found offence.

I did mention in the pm I sent Hill Billy and Beasty before I made my complaint that I had run ins with Beasty but thought he was more fair, Beasty at least gives a warning before imposing infractions but the response reading between the lines from Hill Billy in his pm reply was that Beasty is inexperienced, so giving a warning to get the thread back on line is a sign of inexperience?

Also I was informed by Hill Billy that he doesn't read all posts so is there a time frame limit on when mods can revisit posts and impose infractions??? like on some of the forums(region included) threads are kept alive perodically, a new forum mod, mod back from holiday or leave of absence might see a post and impose an infraction while the co forum mod didn't.

I have to admit I did expect you to dismiss my complaint out of hand due to the nature of using volunteers to mod the site. He is Mod of quite a few forums and I imagine it must be a pain to replace him if he decided to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" if underminded by a decision against him. Benefit of the doubt will always apply as its Human Factor unless your swamped with mod material posters and I seriously doubt that when reading your recent posts you have had to cover recently for a forum(sligo) without mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Hi Lucy,

Any update on my question of clarification in paragraphy 3 of my last post?

Corsendonk

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Also I was informed by Hill Billy that he doesn't read all posts so is there a time frame limit on when mods can revisit posts and impose infractions???

Just seeing this now. No there is no time frame limit on when a Mod can revisit a post and hand out an infraction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement