Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED HELP!!Trying to make website for School project

Options
  • 18-11-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey, making a website for a school project, the aim is to shuffle through selected youtube videos choosen by pupils in my class, Similar enough to stumblevideo the site will use the embed code off the youtube videos but i don't know how to make a shuffle feature.confused.gif

Any help or a point in the right direction would be really appreciatedsmile.gif

I really only have basic knowledge in HTML.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

I would reccommend looking thru tutorials on here

http://www.w3schools.com/

its one of the best resources out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 testerdesign

Thanks Thecelt i really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Also use the dreamweaver 30 day trial - you can use a lot of the premade code in it even if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

I wouldnt use something like dreamweaver to start out with, it automates a lot of code for you and you dont really learn the basics as well as you would if you used a free editor like PSPad editor or notepad++
    They can both be downloaded for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

What about this for displaying the random Youtube videos? Link

Do you want the classroom to select the videos and give you their requests or do you want them add the requests in-real-time on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 testerdesign

Thanks so much deliverance XXV

Well i get the codes off youtube , my class mates just send me the youtube link. i was thinking of trying to do this with certain online games that offer embed codes,

Do you think this code would work for both video and games ?

Advertisement