Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backorder a .ie domain?

• 18-11-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have my eye on a domain name that is a .ie domain

The domain is currently in use however there has been no activity on the site since 2009 (it is currently hosting a bulletin board).
    the domain is due to expire early next year, and im hoping the current owners are not planning on holding onto it.

can i back order the domain as you can with .com / .net etc...

I want to make a good go of something i have been planning for a while and this domain is perfect for the endeavor..

I have thought about contacting the current owners and asking their intent, but i am afraid that they might decide to renew just to try make a bundle of money from selling it to me..?

Any advise is welcomed

*Sorry if this is wrong forum!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Heathen wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have my eye on a domain name that is a .ie domain

The domain is currently in use however there has been no activity on the site since 2009 (it is currently hosting a bulletin board).
    the domain is due to expire early next year, and im hoping the current owners are not planning on holding onto it.

can i back order the domain as you can with .com / .net etc...

I want to make a good go of something i have been planning for a while and this domain is perfect for the endeavor..

I have thought about contacting the current owners and asking their intent, but i am afraid that they might decide to renew just to try make a bundle of money from selling it to me..?

Any advise is welcomed

*Sorry if this is wrong forum!

Hi,

It's not possible to backorder a .ie unfortunately. You'll have to keep watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

cheers cormee.. i'll set a few calendar reminders so :-)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Made a suggestion to have some sort of watchlist and suggest similar feature over at dropped.ie in this thread. Keep an eye on that thread/site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Thanks tricky D i'll head over and have a sniff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's on the very long "todo list" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Any update on this Blacknight? :D

It's still on our "todo" list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hi there, is it still on the todo list or is this possible now?

cheers

I'll have to check the status

I know that the developers had been working on something, but I don't know how close to it being "usable" it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Blacknight wrote: »
    I'll have to check the status

I know that the developers had been working on something, but I don't know how close to it being "usable" it is

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

• Advertisement

slasher_65 wrote: »
    Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I'll have to check. (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

Hi Blacknight.

It's been a few years and was wondering if this feature is actually in the planning or maybe even actioned? Cheers

wassie wrote: »
    Hi Blacknight.

It's been a few years and was wondering if this feature is actually in the planning or maybe even actioned? Cheers

It's on our roadmap though I won't be able to check the status until the new year when the developers etc., are back in the office.

Advertisement