Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LAPIERRE X-CONTROL 410 a good bike?

• 18-11-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭

hey guys i said id ask here as i cant find anything out about the bike online but im looking at this and im wondering is it a decent full suspension mountain bike?
    this is about the only article i could find on it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hey guys just spotted something while looking at the bike im wondering is it a serious issue? if you look near the rear derailleur on the swingarm it looks like a pretty big scratch? does it look serious?
    see attached picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It's just a bit of heel-rub on the chainstay - nothing to worry about.

thanks for the reply i think this is the bike for me if we can agree on a price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Looks to me like maybe a serious gash (to the left of the 'L'). If you're looking to buy that bike bring someone along with you who knows a bit about MTBs. I'd imagine one might not be able to tell if it has been structurally compromised unless they see the results of a stress test (but who's gonna do this) or have a good idea of how it came about in the first place. Due to the nature of the sport buying an MTB secondhand could be pot luck I reckon. If you're looking to buy one of those new this and this this are similarly speced but cheaper.

This looks like a lovely bargain

Btw, I'm all excited about getting me one of these:D:D

• Advertisement

yeah the reason im going with that bike is because its such good value i really cant go much over 800 so for me that bike has unbeatable spec :D i think it should be alright, hopefully he will get back to me on that scratch, just out of curiosity how much would a rear swingarm on one of these bikes cost to replace?

Lemag wrote: »
    Btw, I'm all excited about getting me one of these:D:D

im just excited to get my first bike and to get cracking on mountain biking :) im not getting any younger here :D

btw what do ye think of this bike? i presume this is a strict downhill bike just from looking at it?

just out of curiosity how much would a rear swingarm on one of these bikes cost to replace?
    I'm picking this number out of the air here but to replace the rear chainstay I'd guess at about €200?? Don't know how easy it would be to find someone who could do a proper job.

I'd say that you should go for the best NEW hardtail that you can get for your money.

ya ive been thinking whether to go hardtail or not but im deciding to go with a full suspension bike as im very interested in downhill so if an opportunity arises to try some downhill id like a bike that can handle that as well as xc, plus if this lapierre comes new for 2500 its not a bad bike

• Advertisement

Throwing yourself into downhill sounds pretty nuts to me. But if you really want to why not borrow/rent a full sus bike? That way you won't be left with an expensive but useless piece of crap once you've broken it or your legs or realised that it wasn't really for you in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

The few times I've gone mountain biking in Ballinastoe the objective has been to get home without breaking anything.

Proper downhill looks like a sport for people with very deep pockets. I presume there are lots of breakages and general wear and tear. Take this into consideration if you're on a tight budget.

oh ive no intention of jumping straight into proper downhill :D i have some bit of a brain haha il be starting out with xc biking and gradually building my way up to trying some downhill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

oh ive no intention of jumping straight into proper downhill :D i have some bit of a brain haha il be starting out with xc biking and gradually building my way up to trying some downhill

I honestly think what he has constantly refereed to as "Downhill" is infact just technical XC.

nope i know what downhill is :D and i know that there is small bit of it involved in xc biking, downhill is the really quick technical sport where you have to wear body Armour and full face helmets, speaking of which there are some great downhill bargains right now like this and this

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Rapidmike

Icy
    get off your ar........ There's a lad coming from Killarney in the morning , rent a hardtail try my full sus xc cube ams and learn a shi.. Load !!!!!!
    With the time you'll save online you can catch up on the studies!!!!!!;)

haha i should do :( anyway this bike got sold to someone else so back to the drawing board

Advertisement