Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is HardwareVersand these days?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Contemplating buying a new i7 with 16gb RAM from hardwareversand, but had a bit of trouble with them years ago in regards to how long it takes to order from them.

Does anyone have any experiences with them lately?

Thanks

Emmett

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

only buy in stock items and you should be okay

with i7 youd be dealing in tri channel memory so 12gb would be the nearest suitable config

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My brother got a very high spec pc from them recently, they built it for only €20 extra.
    Savage machine, hes very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

indough wrote: »
    only buy in stock items and you should be okay

with i7 youd be dealing in tri channel memory so 12gb would be the nearest suitable config

So 16gb wouldn't work with the i7 you're saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So 16gb wouldn't work with the i7 you're saying?

With most X58 motherboards getting more than 6GB ram or 3 slots filled really depends on the cooler you plan on using. The amounts of ram also depends on the motherboard you pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

I don't really mind how its done as long as it can be done. I might start a new thread then for how to make a 16gb PC thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Just ordered mine yesterday so I'm hoping that the answer is "just fine".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

indough wrote: »

i7 != LGA1366

All LGA1366 CPUs use tri-channel with a theoretical maximum of 24GB (6x4GB modules). All LGA1156 CPUs use dual-channel with a theoretical max of 16GB (4x4GB modules). There is such a thing as LGA1156 i7's... ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Sorry for the hijack OP:o

Has anyone experience of ordering from HWV as a VAT registered business?

I emailed them 3 days ago about ordering excluding VAT and even gave them my VAT number to check but so far I have had no reply.

When I was registering there was a field for business name but I wouldn't let me register with anything in the field.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement