Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AON Bike Care

• 18-11-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

hey guys renewed my policy with aon.....
    i have clean full licence and no full claims...
    got my insurance cert but no disc...
    i contacted AON to ask wheres my disk as i would like to have it to display..as i did not need hassle of having to go to garda station to produce my insurance details...
    they point blankly refused to send my disc and told me it had been destroyed as they do not issue discs to motorcycle drivers...
    their point is your not legally obliged to display on bike....
    my point is that i choose to display....

has this happened to anyone else??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Same thing for me. I wasn't happy either.

Although not legally required to display it, you can still be asked to present it by a Garda. The disc fits nicely inside my licence along with the road tax disc. And they are stored in a waterproof 'wallet'.

Now, I either have to carry the large insurance cert with me (which isn't practical unless I fold it a few times to fit in the pocket), or I have to present it to the Gardai station if I'm ever stopped/pulled over.

I don't know why Aon are being such %$%^ about it. Does it really harm them to hand them out? As it is, they are still being printed, but Aon then destroy them. Makes no sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Doesn't bother me, most Gardai are OK about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Never got a disc ever for a bike policy, I just carry around my cert. of insurance. Fits inside the clear plastic wallet that holds your driver license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

AFAIK aon were the only ones to give the cert. I queried it too as I wanted to visit norn iron. They said the disc wouldn't make a difference, you need the full cert when driving internationally.
    Thought it was handy myself, but the chap I was on the phone to about it said it was because people were using the cert in cars. Dunno about the logic on that but at the end of the day it really makes no odds to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I carried a photocopy of my full insurance cert, restriction certs and photocopy of the tax disc "certificate" (jsut in case I ever discovered my tax disc holder went missing).

You might still be asked to produce originals but it's enough to stop your bike being taken by the Gardaí for no insurance :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

fwiw, adelaide do disks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What's the problem? Just fold up your cert and use that! This reminds me of the scene in spinal tap when the bread and slices of meat are different sizes and he can't work out how to eat them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    What's the problem? Just fold up your cert and use that! This reminds me of the scene in spinal tap when the bread and slices of meat are different sizes and he can't work out how to eat them

Don`t bring Spinal Tap into this, they have done nothing wrong.

Advertisement