Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DAB radio

• 18-11-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just looking for some advice.

I looking to buy a digital radio. not too expensive. Any recommendations?

Can you get the BBC radio sports channels on them here. ( e.g 5Live etc)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Whether you can get the BBC stations on them really depends on where in the country you are.

That said, I'd recommend looking at WiFi radios as well/instead for two reasons:- 1/ I believe that Internet radio has a far better & more viable future here than digital .. and 2/ There's a much wider range of channels available online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/faq_map.html

http://www.rte.ie/radio/dab.html

This should give you some idea about the availability re DAB coverage here, at least the RTE side of things. As Bard said, an internet radio may be a better option as it would have a greater choice of stations. I have one and I'm very happy with it. However, be warned that some BBC 5 live stuff is blocked due to rights restrictions if you're not in the UK. From some posts in the past, it seems you may be able to get around this if you try to listen to a football match on a local UK station, though I've not tested this myself. If you have NTL or Sky you can get some BBC radio stuff through their services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Jaypea1, you can now pick up a DAB for about €40 in Argos or most electrical stores an they're ok. As has been said before, the stations are limited. In Dublin you'll just pick up rte selection but wider selection available on test in south east. Unless you're right on the border you will not pick up any uk stations.

Could I suggest that maybe you'd look at combined fm and dab receivers or stereos from about €100. Internet radio is great to pick up on pc or stream to Internet radios but expect to pay well over €100! at last count I can pick up about 15000 radio stations

Advertisement