Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Petition Going Round Now

Options
  • 18-11-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So i was thinking of puttin this in the election threads but thought this may be a seperate thing but maybe not

So just got someone at the door with someone looking for names for the petition to improve the Letterkenny/Lifford road. All well and good but at the bottom it says From the offices of Niall Blaney Fianna Fail.

Now tell me to get my tinfoil hat but i thought that now that Fianna Fail are going through an ahem rough time at the minute is this a ploy to drum up support for them?

Or is this a long running thing they have been trying to do for a long time and it just so happens to coinside with the upcoming election?

Just thought people might want to have a heads up as it was only after i brought it inside to sign that i noticed the writing at the bottom. Entirely up to you if you wanna sign i'm trying to be unbiased here and if mods old or new think it should be deleted/moved or whatever do with it what you will

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Its grand its not really election related so can be on its own...

So long as you didn't sign it thats the main thing :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Dosen't surprise me a bit ! Their all running scared of Pearse Doherty, and on the same vein the Fiana Fail supporters have someone down the country ringing prominent pro-lifers in Donegal telling them to vote for Brian O Domhnail as he is the only candidate opposed to abortion,(which is totaly untrue by the way) yep the sickest forms of trickery and persuasion will come from the sickest and most desperate people in our society, "Politicians"

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So long as you didn't sign it thats the main thing :pac::pac::pac:
    Old head on young shoulders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

It seems you have trained him well sensai...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

danniemcq wrote: »
    All well and good but at the bottom it says From the offices of Niall Blaney Fianna Fai

fianna fail = slieveen liars

make your own mind up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sligopark wrote: »
    widely known - ask your mum)
    Whats that supposed to mean?

What is the purpose of this petition? I mean, doesn't it make blaney look... well useless?

Is it the council or the NRA that are responsible for this piece of road? Do either require a petition before upgrading a strech of road?

This petition lark just seems abit stupid and pointless....

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

He's been on about this for a few weeks, I guess its aimed at the General Election rather than SW By Election as he has been campaigning in Letterkenny for over a month on this.

Having said that the Road was highlighted very recently as one of the most dangerous in Ireland and the NRA have said they do not have money to fix it.

Perhaps he would do well to comptemplate whether this, one of the busiest Roads used by most in North Donegal should have been a priority over the Mulroy Bridge a few years ago.

No doubt it will be done eventually and is at planning stage for years, but he is keen to get in and say that he brought it about. The NRA Report stated what everyone here always knew. His petition will not be the reason its eventually done and I say eventually.

I will never credit or remember him for it, though I will always remember his Party/relations/Independent FF etc felt a bridge was more important at huge costs when there were more worthy causes outside his traditional base of Fanad

I will never credit or remember him for it, though I will always remember his Party/relations/Independent FF etc felt a bridge was more important at huge costs when there were more worthy causes outside his traditional base of Fanad

This is a classic example of the weakness in our polictical system, he'll keep getting elected because he delivers what his supporters want, not what the county/country needs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Petition is just a politics ploy.

But the road is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement