Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Available now on Steam. Thought this was not out till next year:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mhairt wrote: »
    Available now on Steam. Thought this was not out till next year:confused:

It's not. It's available for pre-order.

Edit: to cheer people up, here's what the collectors edition contains:

http://kotaku.com/5691260/the-witcher-2-collectors-edition-comes-to-a-head

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Spear wrote: »
    It's not. It's available for pre-order.

Edit: to cheer people up, here's what the collectors edition contains:

http://kotaku.com/5691260/the-witcher-2-collectors-edition-comes-to-a-head

how the hell are they gonna package that head?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

want. the game that is, don't care about the rest of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty amazing deal on offer at Gog.com. Pre-order now for €44.99, pay on release day. But because the EU price is almost $16 more than the price in USD, they're giving EU customers a $16 credit to spend on other games on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The credit is for 1 of 5 games I think, Link here. The games are: Gothic 2 Gold, Realms of Arkania 1 + 2, Realms of Arkania 3, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity. If you have all 5 another game will be offered.

Also details of the pre-order bonuses from various stores. Link

GameStop and thehut.com: Finisher Pack, containing additional finishing move animations and additional advanced fighting techniques.

GAME: Mysterious Merchant, which allows you to purchase unique items from a "shady tradesperson".

HMV: Ultimate Alchemy Suit, offering unique items, increases the loot output and extends the duration of potions.

Amazon: Ultimate Swordsman Suit which contains a set of unique items, boosts sword fighting stats and increases the chance for triggering rare effects in combat.

Play.com: Ultimate Magical Suit. This contains a unique set of items, enhances the new sixth magical sign and boosts the effectiveness of all other signs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    GameStop and thehut.com: Finisher Pack, containing additional finishing move animations and additional advanced fighting techniques.
    A little pissed off about that one... I've got no problems with them offering exclusive clothing etc as DLC, but offering something that sounds like it should have been in the game in the first place???:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The credit is for 1 of 5 games I think, Link here. The games are: Gothic 2 Gold, Realms of Arkania 1 + 2, Realms of Arkania 3, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity. If you have all 5 another game will be offered.

It's actually both. You get a free game and $16 credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh sweet Jesus yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I don't know about everyone else but I'd much rather Triss' bust was included in this instead of Geralt's.

Can't wait for it to finally be released though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Play seem to be the cheapest at €34.99 and will be released on 17 May
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15640823/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-Of-Kings-Premium-Edition/Product.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I don't know about everyone else but I'd much rather Triss' bust was included in this instead of Geralt's.

Can't wait for it to finally be released though.

haha good stuff, cant wait for this game really loved the first (mind you i still have to finish it :rolleyes: god damn backlog of games)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I should really hurry up and finish the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

how do you all rate the first ? never got around to it, because I heard it was super bugged, but then they re-released it...and never got around to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

SeantheMan wrote: »
    how do you all rate the first ? never got around to it, because I heard it was super bugged, but then they re-released it...and never got around to it
    It wasn't super-bugged.
    It was brilliant.
    Delighted that they're releasing a sequel...people were suggesting it would be vapourware, but it didn't take too long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

I believe when it originally came out, it was supposed to be very buggy, but then the studio did a whole load of work on it and released an "Enhanced Edition" which was vastly improved, and they gave it to anyone who had already bought the first buggy version for free.

Absolutely brilliant game, one of the best I've played, can't wait for #2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

When I got it first the load times every time you went in and out of any building/house was so annoying I gave up. Load times have been fixed since and its very smooth now. Definitely worth picking up for a play through before Witcher 2 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tr1PoD wrote: »
    When I got it first the load times every time you went in and out of any building/house was so annoying I gave up. Load times have been fixed since and its very smooth now. Definitely worth picking up for a play through before Witcher 2 comes out.

I think I bought about three different editions of the original and didnt regret it. Although I left the game for a long time until I found out there was a combat cheat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Get it. Play the ever-living sh*t out of it. It's glorious. And the soundtrack is pretty kickass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I believe when it originally came out, it was supposed to be very buggy, but then the studio did a whole load of work on it and released an "Enhanced Edition" which was vastly improved, and they gave it to anyone who had already bought the first buggy version for free.

Absolutely brilliant game, one of the best I've played, can't wait for #2.
    I played the first release. When I think about it, I remember it did crash every so often; but it was far from game-breaking.

Advertisement