Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill or SIM free?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Ok I've been using the basic Nokia ranges all my life and am intrigued to get a smartphone after using my sister's Iphone. Love the way there are so many ways to kill time with it especially as I spend a lot of time on public transport.. As a lifelong o2 prepay customer, I love their free webtext service to anyone in the world (as I've a lot of friends in the UK) and I get unlimited texts for 20e a month.

So I want a smartphone but I don't want to bleed money at the same time. I know my monthly expenses are going to be more than 20e a month but I don't want it to increase too much.

I'm looking at getting a HTC desire as I've read I can use it to connect my laptop to the internet. Currently I use a crappy dongle that my dad is contracted to but never uses. So I'd be using the phone every day for texts and internet mostly. I am deaf so I wouldn't be using it for phone calls so I'm not interested in free talk time or the likes.

My question is would I be better off getting a SIM free smartphone? Or would it be less expensive to get a bill phone?

Also which operator is the best value for money in respect for internet and texts?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

Advertisement