Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XV - Exchange, Temple Bar - 04/12/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    I'll be in anyway, happy to run a side event if you're busy with the main tourney Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hotaru wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure -17 is a gross exaggeration >_<

No fo' reals. -17 Kelvin. Wrap up.

Now playing: Badly Drawn Boy - A Minor Incident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

No
    Hotaru wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure -17 is a gross exaggeration >_<

That's what the news said :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Well, I hope it's a gross exaggeration >_<

Also, will it EVER stop snowing? I didn't think this country was capable of producing this much snow. IT'S PURE MADNESS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    well theres a blizzard outside now, the bus's will still be running so i could come in, maybe il come top 8, lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    well theres a blizzard outside now, the bus's will still be running so i could come in, maybe il come top 8, lol

I really, really, really, really don't want to miss it :(

But seeing Zeus up to his knees in snow right now and it not abating is not giving me hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DPjohnny

This will be my last inferno. I'm going back to America on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    I just dont understand this whole snow thing. It's bright and sunny outside my window, yet from what I hear the rest of the country is shutting down. If I didn't use Facebook and this forum I'd be totally oblivious to the whole thing.
    I have to be up in Dublin on Friday anyways so I'll hang around for the Inferno on Saturday :)

No
    brian the trains will still be running cud u sledge down to the station with zeus? since hes so mighty and awesome and doesnt poo everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    No fo' reals. -17 Kelvin. Wrap up.

Now playing: Badly Drawn Boy - A Minor Incident

-17kelvin is about - 290 degrees Celsius. I doubt it's that cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Dunno if anyone's following Met Eireann but last night 90% of the bus routes were cancelled, most of the roads were closed (m50, n11), the Luas green line wasn't running between Balally and Stephen's Green, and all the evening flights out of Dublin airport were pushed back until half past midnight because they needed time to clear the runways. Even some of the bridges over the liffey were closed.

It's really really crazy.

As much as I'd love a good Inferno attendance, depending on where you're coming from, it could be genuinely dangerous to travel.

If the same thing happens on Saturday to the green line Luas, I won't be able to make it.

No
    brian the trains will still be running cud u sledge down to the station with zeus? since hes so mighty and awesome and doesnt poo everywhere

Zeus has noticed your insolence.

It will not go unpunished

No
    Wohoo. A walk to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Bus I would use to get home isnt running, cant go now

ayjayirl wrote: »
    -17kelvin is about - 290 degrees Celsius. I doubt it's that cold

Wind Chill factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

No
    DPjohnny wrote: »
    This will be my last inferno. I'm going back to America on Tuesday.

Sad to see you go. Hopefully your last inferno won't be too few people :)

It's Thursday today Farz. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No
    Travelling up there from Louth is starting to look unlikely but I'm still gonna try.

Not missing out on this!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It might be time to consider a reschedule on this lads, I should be able to make it up if the trains are running tomorrow but a lot of people are starting to pull out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It might be time to consider a reschedule on this lads, I should be able to make it up if the trains are running tomorrow but a lot of people are starting to pull out!

Yeah I agree. It's starting to look like my buses/trains won't be running on the day. And it'll be freezing in the Exchange unless it has heating.

There'll be lots of bitching about cold hands after losing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

No
    No way man.

I intend being the only one to show up, thereby, winning it by default*.

Everyone's entry fee and console hire money can be mailed to me at...........

*The two sweetest words in the english language: default.

• Advertisement

Ken B wrote: »

*The two sweetest words in the english language: default.

Tell that to Biffo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's booked anyway so it's going ahead. I always said I'd always run a tournament on the day I'd said even if one person turned up.

It may that we need to take things into consideration again as to our the tournaments are going and what why things are going (Not just because of this one but just in general with the end of the year and the break now until the next Inferno. Me and Dreddy were chatting about really pushing the next Inferno because there is a decent prize pot and we may be able to swing some UK or French players if we work at it)

On the plus side, at this one I'm going to run awesome Garou and Marvel tournaments. Big time Marvel money matches (Whats the record? $42000? We can beat that)

No
    its my birthday, u can reschedule some one birthday
    amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

No
    I hope to god I can make it. But im coming from Clare so I don't know if the buses will be running and if they are there could be delays.

prenelf wrote: »
    I hope to god I can make it. But im coming from Clare so I don't know if the buses will be running and if they are there could be delays.

Get the train man! I'm going from Clare too but tomorrow. Book the train online, it's cheaper and almost guaranteed to run.

No
    Get the train man! I'm going from Clare too but tomorrow. Book the train online, it's cheaper and almost guaranteed to run.

Me and a friend were actually thinking of doing that but I think you need a student travel card to get a discount. Otherwise im paying like fifty quid for a ticket. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Me and a friend were actually thinking of doing that but I think you need a student travel card to get a discount. Otherwise im paying like fifty quid for a ticket. :(

Really?! I get tickets to the north for 18 euro!

No
    Really?! I get tickets to the north for 18 euro!

Are you serious? Thats ridiculous. I have no idea why its costing so much then.:confused:

Booking online is a lot cheaper and you don't need a card. It's €29 one way. HOWEVER, what I do when I'm not lazy is get the bus into Limerick in the morning, and book the €10 train from Limerick to Dublin. One train every day is €10 from Limerick to Dublin. Don't need a card for that either, you just need to check the prices of each train from Limerick to Dubbers and book the €10.

Careful though, it does sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    Are you serious? Thats ridiculous. I have no idea why its costing so much then.:confused:

Train prices are mad. Dont try and figure them out.
    It's €46 return for me tomorrow with a student discount. Almost €80 without it.

I must say, I'm sort of liking this whole trend of people being unable to come. These kind of tournaments are my speciality.

Advertisement