Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XV - Exchange, Temple Bar - 04/12/10

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I went to bed at 3am.

I only awoke now at 3PM.

My body clock officially sucks. :(

I went to bed at 9am, my body clock commit suicide years ago.
    Doyler01 wrote: »
    Video quality and commentating is excellent.

Raging I missed this.

Yeah judging from the pics and vids, infeno has reached the point I had always hoped it would.

Nice venue that allows for a projector and a place for commentators.

The fact that there now IS commentators and high quality vids to go along with it.

Fair play guys , real pissed I missed this one. But happy to see how it went down.

Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Wow, the projector matches, live commentary, perfect video capture and now throw in Classic Jim's photos; this scene is officially mad pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    Cheers lads, hopefully we'll be a bit more used to commentary next time and there'll be less talking over each other and stuff. Great Inferno, ggs to everyone I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

No
    Also, sorry to Bourke for my over exuberant celebration, but I'd been trying to land that super all match.

Don't worry about it, I was too surprised by the super I didn't really notice the celebration. Ggs and ggs to everyone else I played. Was my first time at the Exchange and it really is better suited to tournaments than XGC. Cheers to everyone who helped run it and brought equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    My kids need wine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    GGs to everyone. Was nice to meet more new faces and those who i chat to on Irc, like PPC, Erinsoup, Fergus whoever else, sry if i forgot your name. Great set up with the recording and organisation was great. Good stuff from Dan/Chopper and Doom. Great pics from jim/barryeatsmenu. Whatever you're calling yourself these days confused.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

No
    Had really good fun yesterday, got there late but everyone was sound about it, every fight I had was excellent and dramatic in their own way. Ggs to Bunty(nice super), Bourkenator(scaryily close), Ry(great perfect and comeback), Barry(best EX plus game eva), Jim(mental guy fight), AJ(really great play, thought you had me), Prenelf(amazing combos), Dreddy(great fights), Doom(guile pfft!;)) and especially DarkOnion(whom I fought no less than 3 times!! and each of the games were very dramatic).

All the side tourneys were great fun also. I may bring my dreamcast to the next one....

Ps: The photos and commentary on the matches are really great also.

In fact the whole day ws such a success that I move that Cobelcog, Bush, Azza, Blag, Newtype and gorysnake be banned/not invited from/to all future events!!!!
    (and A-trak and unky chop chop fo the hell of it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Ken B wrote: »
    Had really good fun yesterday, got there late but everyone was sound about it, every fight I had was excellent and dramatic in their own way. Ggs to Bunty(nice super), Bourkenator(scaryily close), Ry(great perfect and comeback), Barry(best EX plus game eva), Jim(mental guy fight), AJ(really great play, thought you had me), Prenelf(amazing combos), Dreddy(great fights), Doom(guile pfft!;)) and especially DarkOnion(whom I fought no less than 3 times!! and each of the games were very dramatic).

All the side tourneys were great fun also. I may bring my dreamcast to the next one....

Ps: The photos and commentary on the matches are really great also.

In fact the whole day ws such a success that I move that Cobelcog, Bush, Azza, Blag, Newtype and gorysnake be banned/not invited from/to all future events!!!!
    (and A-trak and unky chop chop fo the hell of it!)

Yeh, twas close - good game. Maybe next time :).

Was good to see new people there. Big up to the guys who came form Kerry - hardly around the corner in absolutely ****e weather.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Got to say I was so chuffed to have the projector working with commentary at the same time all with zero interference with the players. It was perhaps a good thing this was a small one as it allowed me some wiggle room to deal with little issues popping up here and there.

One awesome thing that people weren't even aware happened was that there was a software crash during Hound v Dreddy. Due to the component splitter feeding the monitor directly the players weren't hampered at all (using the feed from the Hauppage the screen would have gone blank on them mid round!).

I don't think many people realise but PPC deserves an awful lot of credit for all of this, he's basically been a guiding hand throughout the entire process to the point of spoonfeeding me splitter et al to get.

The usual suspects too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    Jim wrote: »
    Also, Farz needs to level up

actually it was more because it was getting darker and 3.5 aperture wasnt proving enough. Lol at AJAY coming same rank as me.
    The most perfects ever at an inferno award goes to ME

4 PERFECTS in one tournament, thats 4 different challengers

• Advertisement

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    actually it was more because it was getting darker and 3.5 aperture wasnt proving enough. Lol at AJAY coming same rank as me.

Congratulations, this is in the post for you.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

No
    And you also win this lovely drawing that ayjay left on my iPad

uO827.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Placebo wrote: »

Cobelcog got one perfect in every single fight at Inferno XI or XII (the other one not held in XGC).

So that's AT LEAST 8 Perfects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    then he gets the "IS GAY" AWARD

why did ajay draw hearts on ?

No
    Artistic License!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    Mate of mine's comment on the pic of Dreddy

"Is that blitz to do with November's Cancer yolk? If not he deserves a Tiger uppercut."

He has since been banned from leaving comments on my pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Bonus low res photo.

Orim and Farz
    65839_168257866548253_100000921233317_333282_2978761_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    Look at that! 7th! Wonders never cease :D

I'm currently without an internet connection of my own, so I cant upload the videos I took yet. Give em a week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Maybe
    Just wondering did anyone find it distracting playing in front of the window to the street ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    bush wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone find it distracting playing in front of the window to the street ?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    I thought it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No
    There was someone waving at us through the window at one stage but other than that, it was fine

Advertisement