Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spend 1600 MS Points - Get 400 Free!

• 18-11-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

This won't be much use to anyone with a decent Arcade collection already but if, like me, its taken you a while to get around to downloading, this offer is pretty handy.

Basically buy 1600 points worth of content from a selected range of avatar items, game add ons or arcade titles and MS will refund you 400 points by December 20th.

Included amongst the selection are South Park Tower Defence, Perfect Dark, Rez HD, Splosion Man, Kingdom for Keflings and more

http://ie.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1135420p1.html

EDIT: Yup, this is advertised on the dasshboard, just thought this thread would be useful for people looking for tips on games to pick up etc. My vote goes for Splosion Man and South Park!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Was thinking of picking up perfect dark and braid. Is braid as good as they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Was thinking of picking up perfect dark and braid. Is braid as good as they say?
    Most people will say yes, but I didn't think that much of it... Bit of a marmite game really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Agreed, I tried out the demo and it was a bit meh! Rez was pretty sweet last time I played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

niallon wrote: »
    Agreed, I tried out the demo and it was a bit meh! Rez was pretty sweet last time I played!

Rez is fantastic, have had that since release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

so what's splosion man like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Only just heard about this offer, but I've got one more day to avail it, so I'll probably buy a couple of arcade titles. Thinking about Rez and Braid, downloading trial demos of them now, but maybe one of the n64 titles, perfect dark or banjo-kazooie maybe? Can't make my mind up, any recommendations would be very welcome and appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Depends what kind of games you're into, i loved Braid as it was a very good 2D platformer that works surprisingly well given that genre is a thing of the past on modern consoles. It really is unique though, hadn't played anything like it before and some of the puzzles will give your imagination a good workout. Artsy, but in a good way.

Rez is incredible, has great replay value and is easy to just pick up and play, will be getting Kinect mainly for Child of Eden i reckon as it's the "spiritual sucessor" to it.

Splosion Man is great with at least 50 levels in the single player but some of the levels are annoyingly hard, seems to be a trait with Twisted Pixel as i'm finding Comic Jumper to be the same in parts, makes it more challenging i guess. I've had it since it came out but still havent got round to finishing it!

If i was going to choose between Perfect Dark and Banjo K i'd pick Banjo probably. Perfect Dark's great and looks fantastic in HD and 60fps but the single player or nostalgia won't last you forever, and the online multiplayer is pretty much nonexistent now (imo), horribly laggy even if it's just you and a friend.....whereas Banjo will last you a bit more time with collectables and such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Thanks a million for the insight! I'll probably go with Rez and Braid so, they sound pretty good! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

sweetie wrote: »

Great game, nice little platformer. Even better with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Got South Park Tower Defense and Duke Nukem on this offer.

Couldn't resist going for duke although it has been a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

sweetie wrote: »
    If you keep an eye on the Games marketplace, apparrently it'll be down to 160 points for Splosion man this week (part of their Thanksgiving / Black Friday deals).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Did anyone ever get their free points? I just realised I didn't.

It may have been another offer of the same idea tho. Through the Xbox menu, not some random site.

Now that I think on it, it may have been the spend 2400 get 800 free offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i got them

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i got them
    I guess that means I'd need to phone them and see whats the story.

Should it make a difference that I've only a silver account? I don't see that it would myself, but this is microsoft.

it might have been a gold members only special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

kiddums wrote: »
    Did anyone ever get their free points? I just realised I didn't.

It may have been another offer of the same idea tho. Through the Xbox menu, not some random site.

Now that I think on it, it may have been the spend 2400 get 800 free offer.

What did you purchase in order to benefit the offer? This is the offer being discussed in this article:

MGSoffer-1.png

I got the points added straight to my account with no e-mail or anything confirming it.

What did you purchase in order to benefit the offer? This is the offer being discussed in this article:

I got the points added straight to my account with no e-mail or anything confirming it.

same here didnt even notice it for a while until i was downloading a demo

I got the red dead pack, the GeOW pack, the resident evil pack, and some avatar items.

It was the 2400 for 800 offer from october. I check last night and still the same balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

got them today after almost two months. Hang in there they will come.

I won't be around my xbox much over the weekend, but if theyre not with me on monday I'll give them a call and see wtf. They did give a date for when the points would be added by, but that has long since passed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement