Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landlord is setting my esb meter to extortionate rates ,help.

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i hope ive posted this in the right forum, if not i apolagise, ive moved into a flat with a coin esb meter , i had concerns regarding this while i was veiwing the flat, i was reasured by the landlord its regulated by the esb , after two weeks ive put in 40 euro which i feel is way over the standard. i rang my landlord to complain that this was ridiculous ,low and behold she said she would get her handy man to fix it, this guy came up had a fiddle with the meter and told me im getting 15 units instead of ten for two euro, i feel this is not above board as she told me it was regulated by the esb, my question is this legal and what can i do to put this right, this is my first flat and im a bit in the dark about these things,
    thanks in advance for any help .
    almanu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ESB, there are often similar questions in boards.ie > Soc > Accommodation & Property, e.g. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056094069

It would be useful to advise what the general situation is with regard to landlord operated meters, including the legal situation if any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Almanu,

I can understand your concern over this situation.

I will need some additional information that will help me look into this matter for you.

Are you the registered customer at this address? Have you received an actual bill? If you are registered account holder, could you please pm me your account number and contact telephone number.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Almanu,

Thank you for your PM.

I have just responded to you in relation to this matter.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
    Chris

Advertisement