Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A0 picture framing in Galway?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

So, leading on from my Printing thread, I have another question for you fellow boardsies :)

Need to get an A0 image framed. The issue is that since A0 is quite big I need thin glass as it'd be quite heavy otherwise.

I only want a basic think black frame around it, nothing fancy.

Has anyone got any recommendations for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Also leading on from your post, I'd like to get something printed on A0 and have it framed as you have described above.

I'd interested to know how much it all costs you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

go for plexi glass/acrylic instead of glass.

Lighter and much much less fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Also leading on from your post, I'd like to get something printed on A0 and have it framed as you have described above.

I'd interested to know how much it all costs you.
    I have prices of some printers put up on the other thread, hope it helps

Xiney wrote: »
    go for plexi glass/acrylic instead of glass.

Lighter and much much less fragile.
    Thanks for the tip. Will they be as clear as glass yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I can recommend The Framing Loft in Terryland. A guy called Mark runs the shop. Nice fella, and his work is immaculate. I'm sure he's sort you out. His number is (091) 562462

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The Framemaker on Cross Street does excellent work, and I've always found his prices good (although the biggest I've ever needed was A3!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

stimpson wrote: »
    I can recommend The Framing Loft in Terryland. A guy called Mark runs the shop. Nice fella, and his work is immaculate. I'm sure he's sort you out. His number is (091) 562462

I'd recommend this guy, top class work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Aye John, I'd be interested in hearing how much it cost you too, if you don't mind.

"1 million dollars"

No, not really.

I got lazy with the framing and went for convenience. Will report back when the job is done

Eh just seen this thread and seen that I posted p1ssed drunk at 3am giving absolutily no info.

I went with the place accross from Buskers. A0 is costing me 75euro, 1 inch border on the frame.

Mentioned it to someone today and they said that its a bit pricey but I don't mind if it's done properly. Plus its in a convenient location for me.

Will report back when I get them back re. quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The guy you went to, Ray, does excellent quality work.

I hope that you're pleased with it in the end after all the trouble you've gone to.

• Advertisement

I hope it turns out well. There was a combined 4 years work put into creating what i'm having framed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

You must have used loads of crayons

Advertisement