Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i go to mary i or to ul?? help

• 18-11-2010 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

ok so there courses in both that i like but i was wondering about which college i should choose ul seems to have better facilities and accomodation and if i got to mary i il be staying in courtbrack student accommodation because im male and campus accomadation is female only. So whats the social life in both colleges, which is friendlier, is mary i really nearly all girls, is mary i small, whats courtbrack like? i would really apriciate so info
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What're the courses you're interested in?

UL has a far better social life, by all accounts. The campus is multiple times the size of Mary I, there's an even gender balance. Mary I really is dominated by the females :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

fitz1011 wrote: »
    ok so there courses in both that i like but i was wondering about which college i should choose ul seems to have better facilities and accomodation and if i got to mary i il be staying in courtbrack student accommodation because im male and campus accomadation is female only. So whats the social life in both colleges, which is friendlier, is mary i really nearly all girls, is mary i small, whats courtbrack like? i would really apriciate so info
    thanks

Well UL is obviously bigger, better facilities and a lot more even female / male ratio.

UL students are very friendly! Social life is great craic!

Lots of choice for on & off campus accommodation in UL. Its further from city centre than Mary I, Mary I is practically in the city centre.

Bus Eireann have 2 buses running until 12 at night from city centre to UL and vice versa for €1.60.

You can also get certain taxis for €8 to town so if theres 4 people thats €2 each. Worse case you would pay €3 each for 4 people if you didn't take a cheap taxi firm.

Some girls I know in Mary I tell me its an old fashioned type college, they went there because it was the only place to do the course they wanted to do.

Post the Mary I part of this question in the Mary I thread for a more comprehensive review of Mary I, link below;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055546785&page=118

I'd say your best bet is to figure out what course you would like more rather than which college. You could love college life in UL but hate your course which is not a good scenario. Don't just look at the title of the course and presume you would like it. Look indepth at what each module entails so you know what you are going to come up against. Roughly about 1/3 of first years drop out of college! Do proper research on your prospective course to confirm to yourself you have the right aptitude and interest to succeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

fitz1011 wrote: »
    thanks

and what exactly would be wrong with having girls to look at everywhere?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fitz1011

TheTownie wrote: »
    Well UL is obviously bigger, better facilities and a lot more even female / male ratio.

UL students are very friendly! Social life is great craic!

Lots of choice for on & off campus accommodation in UL. Its further from city centre than Mary I, Mary I is practically in the city centre.

Bus Eireann have 2 buses running until 12 at night from city centre to UL and vice versa for €1.60.

You can also get certain taxis for €8 to town so if theres 4 people thats €2 each. Worse case you would pay €3 each for 4 people if you didn't take a cheap taxi firm.

Some girls I know in Mary I tell me its an old fashioned type college, they went there because it was the only place to do the course they wanted to do.

Post the Mary I part of this question in the Mary I thread for a more comprehensive review of Mary I, link below;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055546785&page=118

I'd say your best bet is to figure out what course you would like more rather than which college. You could love college life in UL but hate your course which is not a good scenario. Don't just look at the title of the course and presume you would like it. Look indepth at what each module entails so you know what you are going to come up against. Roughly about 1/3 of first years drop out of college! Do proper research on your prospective course to confirm to yourself you have the right aptitude and interest to succeed!

thank you good advice

Advertisement