Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speakers for Denon AVR 2310

• 18-11-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Just bought Denon 2310 Amp and want to add 5.1 speakers to it. Just wondering what people have paired with this Amp or would recommend. Budget is around £500 mark. Had possibly thought the Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 set up... has anyone experience or thoughts on these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I have the Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 Package paired with it, but that will be more than your budget. You could ask or search on the Denon forum, or in the Speaker forum over at AVForums to see what options are out there.

You could also see if this deal is still available?

Good Luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭peterc14

eddiem74 wrote: »
    I have the Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 Package paired with it, but that will be more than your budget. You could ask or search on the Denon forum, or in the Speaker forum over at AVForums to see what options are out there.

You could also see if this deal is still available?

Good Luck !

How do you rate the amp? Do you use speakers fo Zone 2?

I've no compliants with the Amp, prior this had Onkyo's (605, 606). I use it for daily TV use via Sky HD, feeding a project, and for music, movies, bluray from a self built Media PC. I have zone2 connected up to a speaker switch which feeds speakers in the kitchen, and two bathrooms, some other rooms also, but I have not put speakers up there yet. Zone2 can only take analogue feeds, and the rest of my set-up feeds HDMI/digital to the 2310, so this is a pet peave. So to use zone2, I tend to use radio, or re-assign inputs to analogue to access music from media PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭peterc14

eddiem74 wrote: »
    I've no compliants with the Amp, prior this had Onkyo's (605, 606). I use it for daily TV use via Sky HD, feeding a project, and for music, movies, bluray from a self built Media PC. I have zone2 connected up to a speaker switch which feeds speakers in the kitchen, and two bathrooms, some other rooms also, but I have not put speakers up there yet. Zone2 can only take analogue feeds, and the rest of my set-up feeds HDMI/digital to the 2310, so this is a pet peave. So to use zone2, I tend to use radio, or re-assign inputs to analogue to access music from media PC.

Thanks... I am thinking of running Sky/Freeview/Blu-Ray/XBox 360 etc into the amp and then one HDMI from the amp to the TV... Would this be ok?

Alos I am thinking of placing the AV eqipment in one room and running the the HDMI up the wall (its a new build) across the ceiling and down to the TV in another roo (Approx 8m) - Would this cause any problems. Not sure how I would control the amp etc yet?

How many speakers can you run off Zone 2... is there not problems with overload?

Thanks... I am thinking of running Sky/Freeview/Blu-Ray/XBox 360 etc into the amp and then one HDMI from the amp to the TV... Would this be ok?

Should be fine just validate what connections you are going to use. I think I have seen some XBOX users complain about minor lag when connecting via component. More information in the Denon Forum thread on AVForums, not sure if solved or not.
    Alos I am thinking of placing the AV eqipment in one room and running the the HDMI up the wall (its a new build) across the ceiling and down to the TV in another roo (Approx 8m) - Would this cause any problems. Not sure how I would control the amp etc yet?

I run a long HDMI cable to my projector, 5m+ (can't recall now), so should be fine. You can always do a test before hiding the cable completely, and you might want consider running a spare, and a Network cable to the TV for future use.
    How many speakers can you run off Zone 2... is there not problems with overload?

I'm no expert so can't really answer the technicalities, however I have run 2 bathroom ceiling speakers, and two old stereo speakers in the kitchen at once, with no issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement