Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking out a window?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about it?

Need to get suite of furniture in. It won't fit through the door. Trying to weigh up whether it would be cheaper to buy new furniture or get window taken out and replaced.

Also, need it done tomorrow. Ish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭rpmcs

If you have patio sliding door, could pop of sliding door? Presume you have thought of standing furniture on end and rotating in door?? or still to large?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Take a glazer 10 mins in and out. Did it a few times myself. Just throw em a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

rpmcs wrote: »
    If you have patio sliding door, could pop of sliding door? Presume you have thought of standing furniture on end and rotating in door?? or still to large?

Thanks, yes tried everything. Even taking door off won't work. It's either the window or a new suite.

Take a glazer 10 mins in and out. Did it a few times myself. Just throw em a few quid.

Really? I imagined it would be a big job. Will ring Sligo Glass in the morning. (Or do you want a small job?)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Be careful there, because some people are quite good at quickly turning a small job into a big job.

• Advertisement

I'll end up doing it myself no doubt. #bodgejob

Sligo Glass came up trumps. (as usual)

Was I right in saying ten mins? How much did they charge?

Quoted €80. They are doing it this afternoon. So fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Thanks for your advice. I was thinking BIG JOB.

Although they may find it hard to remove, what with all the egg... Window has been egged every night for four nights.

I ring the Gardaí, they say ring the Corporation.
    I ring the Corporation, they say ring the Gardaí.

I give up. Skangers lol at me.

• Advertisement

gl with it.

gl with it.

I'll go to all the hassle of getting window removed and put back in, and the little s*its will graduate from eggs to bricks tonight no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm starting to worry about you TMB. You've had an angle grinder out. Your dad in the car boot with a load of wood and now you are taking a window out :rolleyes: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Where about are you living Tequilamockingbird that you're getting egged?

<wails>

Window bloke thought I meant remove glass, I meant remove frame + glass.

Can't be done apparently.

Will have to get a new (small) suite.

ML, you're right to be worried, I'm close to exploding. Dad gone back to UK so that removes lots of stress. Even putting him in the boot didn't stop him giving out! ;)

Greetings I live in da 'hood, and I am moving my Mum in to a place beside me. I did warn her, but she's the optimistic type...

You so ghetto.

fo' sho'

Had cunning plan. I'll tape a frying pan to the window (to catch the eggs). If they think their helping me they'll be bound to stop. :cool:

Rang the guards about an hour ago and said they were hindering us moving in, that they just told us they are going to egg the windows, the removal van guys who are trying to work, myself and my sister who are laying flooring. Brazen as f*ck. It's not the eggs I'm worried about at the mo, it's them trying to get into the van. Or the windows being broken once we have everything in. No sign of Guards.

I've come home for a break for 10 minutes before I lose it.

fo' sho'

Had cunning plan. I'll tape a frying pan to the window (to catch the eggs). If they think their helping me they'll be bound to stop. :cool:

Rang the guards about an hour ago and said they were hindering us moving in, that they just told us they are going to egg the windows, the removal van guys who are trying to work, myself and my sister who are laying flooring. Brazen as f*ck. It's not the eggs I'm worried about at the mo, it's them trying to get into the van. Or the windows being broken once we have everything in. No sign of Guards.

I've come home for a break for 10 minutes before I lose it.
    They can be pure useless at times. Even if they caught the ones doing it what can they do to stop them doing it again? Nothing in reality.

Armed Response Unit arrived. Seriously! Although it was nothing to do with my call (obv), it was nice to have them about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Armed Response Unit arrived. Seriously! Although it was nothing to do with my call (obv), it was nice to have them about!

Good grief, you must live in a lovely area.

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    Good grief, you must live in a lovely area.

Yes ML, highly sought after. Although with the ARU in tonight maybe it will get better? (Knowing my luck I'll get caught in crossfire and wish for the good old days, when it was just eggs. :D)

Advertisement