Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In over my head. Fish Help please

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:31pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was in a petshop recently and saw a pathetic goldfish floating at the top of the tank, he'd swim (bent double) to the bottom, be attacked by a pleco, then go back to floating.

So, I couldn't leave him there and bought him, thinking at least if I bought him he wouldn't be attacked by the other fish. He also had severe ammonia burns on his tail, its very eaten away and fringed in black.

Now he's in a bowl (10L, ust to keep him separated, I have a 120 litre cycling at the moment) and I've added swimbladder treatment, a wee drop of Melafix, and the usual stress coat.

He made it through the night and today, but he tends to either be like this:

img0400d.jpg

or doing a lopsided wiggle attempt to swim.

Any idea what else I can do?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

...Woops, nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Silverfish wrote: »
    ...Woops, nevermind.

nevermind why, did he not make it :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

nevermind why, did he not make it :(

No, he was dead this morning, probably only prolonged it for the poor guy.

Lasted 3 days :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

at least you tried!

Advertisement