Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student march

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Didn't actually see the march but passed by the Spanish Arch while they were gathered there. Kinda strange with all the gards with their moustaches for movember.....thought I was in stasiland/east Germany there for a sec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I saw it, genuinely disappointed at how few turned out. Just shows how little the tiger cubs care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Pity they didn't throw in free after drinks and free entry to a nightclub like gmit students got for going to the Dublin protest

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

How many turned out?

Edit: Could have just checked the video I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Jaysus, that was painful...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

it will take a lot more than the IMF to get paddy out to protest, lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

The only thing that will mobilize Galway students is any threats to their respective rag weeks.

Now I wonder can anyone tell Tom what a threat is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

it's shocking to think in a city with over 10,000 students this is all that showed up!!

I was stuck on a bus behind them all the way into town and the amount of students opening their doors alon the way to laugh at the carry on was beyond laughable!!

then again when there's over 400,000 unemployed and still no mass protest what else could you expect

joke really is on us, the politicians will be grand and we'll just take whatever

defeated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

While there's always going to be a certain level of apathy especially amongst the GPO kiddies it's worth noting that it's now very late in the semester and a lot of people just can't miss lectures at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The Cool wrote: »
    While there's always going to be a certain level of apathy especially amongst the GPO kiddies it's worth noting that it's now very late in the semester and a lot of people just can't miss lectures at this point.

+1
    Exams starting in approx 2 weeks unlike the majority of other institutions around the country.

The fees issue is far from black and white, but I'll say this: if families were directly writing far bigger cheques, there would be alot more scrutiny on the standard of teaching and likewise student performance (ie. alot more bums on seats for 9am lectures).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

po0k wrote: »
    +1
    Exams starting in approx 2 weeks unlike the majority of other institutions around the country.

The fees issue is far from black and white, but I'll say this: if families were directly writing far bigger cheques, there would be alot more scrutiny on the standard of teaching and likewise student performance (ie. alot more bums on seats for 9am lectures).

ask the students of the UK when their fees were increased in '97, wasn't just simply the fact of 'we'd do better', far from it, many will not be able to afford it

Advertisement