Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS 350 - Query

Options
  • 19-11-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi All

Was travelling on motorway today behind a reputable alarm service van so I rang the mobile number on the van , and I asked the guy 'can you get a text dialler for aritech CS350 I have no landline' He says No not compatible.

Is he correct?

Thks

Minder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    Hi All

Was travelling on motorway today behind a reputable alarm service van so I rang the mobile number on the van , and I asked the guy 'can you get a text dialler for aritech CS350 I have no landline' He says No not compatible.

Is he correct?

Thks

Minder

He is wrong. You can install one of these to get text alerts from the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stepbystep

no hes not right, you can wire the cs 350 to an external gsm unit and fit a voice module to the cs350, as far as i no, aritech dont well the last time i asked they didnt, do a txt dialler just the voice, but it can be done, when the alarm activates, the gsm unit would ring you and you get a short msg saying intruder alarm activated, can be programed to give 5 messages, such as intruder, fault, fire, panic
    hope that helps, anymore questions send to my inbox, would be morethe happy to be of help to yea

stepbystep wrote: »
    no hes not right, you can wire the cs 350 to an external gsm unit and fit a voice module to the cs350, as far as i no, aritech dont well the last time i asked they didnt, do a txt dialler just the voice, but it can be done, when the alarm activates, the gsm unit would ring you and you get a short msg saying intruder alarm activated, can be programed to give 5 messages, such as intruder, fault, fire, panic
    hope that helps, anymore questions send to my inbox, would be morethe happy to be of help to yea

It would be easier to fit the GSM unit I have linked to plus less expensive ;)

altor wrote: »
    It would be easier to fit the GSM unit I have linked to plus less expensive ;)

well thats true altor, was just trying to point out that the technician he rang was wrong, didnt click on the link you point out, was just agreeing with what you said ;) annoys the heart and soul outa me when i get ppl telling me i rang this guy and that guy and they told me it couldnt be done, that id have to change out the panel and they want X amount to do it, gives the industry a really bad name when ppl are just out to try and screw money outa ppl and to be honest didnt realise you could get text dialers to aritechs, taught it was just there plug in voice module was available, cheers for the bit of knowledge:)

stepbystep wrote: »
    well thats true altor, was just trying to point out that the technician he rang was wrong, didnt click on the link you point out, was just agreeing with what you said ;) annoys the heart and soul outa me when i get ppl telling me i rang this guy and that guy and they told me it couldnt be done, that id have to change out the panel and they want X amount to do it, gives the industry a really bad name when ppl are just out to try and screw money outa ppl and to be honest didnt realise you could get text dialers to aritechs, taught it was just there plug in voice module was available, cheers for the bit of knowledge:)

Every days a school day in this job :D

• Advertisement

Yup sure is and im to school for cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

He is wrong. You can install one of these to get text alerts from the alarm.

Any idea how much one of those gsm text diallers sell for?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Any idea how much one of those gsm text diallers sell for?

They are 300 Euro in northwood. This GSM is better value.

They are 300 Euro in northwood. This GSM is better value.

got a price for one of these GJD units for €200. Looks like it will do the job for what I need. What do you think? Good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

got a price for one of these GJD units for €200. Looks like it will do the job for what I need. What do you think? Good price?

That's a great price Lex. Was that from condor?

• Advertisement

That is a good price once it is the GSM and not the PSTN unit.

That's a great price Lex. Was that from condor?
    Northwood
    That is a good price once it is the GSM and not the PSTN unit.
    definitely the GSM unit (GJD700)

definitely the GSM unit (GJD700)

Good value at the price but don't forget to add the vat on to the price they gave you.

Good value at the price but don't forget to add the vat on to the price they gave you.

have to ditch my plans to DIY upgrade my alarm as my ins company want the installation certified by a registered installer.

Hopefully the work I've already done can be left there as I dont fancy it being ripped out.

If I have to change the panel, then thats what it looks like I have to do. I'm guessing this HKC is the best option?

Can these units take wireless PIR's as no cable was ran for any PIR's in the house in the area I would like to have one placed?

There should be no problem with you installing the alarm and then getting a company to certify the alarm for you.
    Yes, the Securewave panel takes wired plus wire free devices.

There should be no problem with you installing the alarm and then getting a company to certify the alarm for you.
    Yes, the Securewave panel takes wired plus wire free devices.

thats good to know...would prefer if the aritech could stay as i've laid out the cost for it already and spent a bit of time installing it

if it can just be upgraded to take a wireless PIR and get the rest of the windows armed and a gsm dialler put in, certified I'd be happy with that

thats good to know...would prefer if the aritech could stay as i've laid out the cost for it already and spent a bit of time installing it

if it can just be upgraded to take a wireless PIR and get the rest of the windows armed and a gsm dialler put in, certified I'd be happy with that

Adding a wire free pir is possible to the CS350 but the CS350 is not a certifiable system.

but the CS350 is not a certifiable system.

Does that mean to get it certified i need to upgrwde my system to something else?

Does that mean to get it certified i need to upgrwde my system to something else?

Thats correct, the new system needs to be up to EN50131 to be certifiable. Thats why I said do the work yourself and get a company to certify it for you as it will work out cheaper.

thanks for all your help...going up to house later to meet local security company about what to do next

in the meantime I want to just wire up my external bell box for the next week in case of another tampering with the esb fuse or an attempted forced entry

I have the external bell box up at the house at the moment and from memory it is either made by SABB or SAAB (not sure)
      Do I wire the terminals on the control panel for the internal sounder to the strobe on the external box?
      any idea for the other connections?

• Advertisement

thanks for all your help...going up to house later to meet local security company about what to do next

in the meantime I want to just wire up my external bell box for the next week in case of another tampering with the esb fuse or an attempted forced entry

I have the external bell box up at the house at the moment and from memory it is either made by SABB or SAAB (not sure)
      Do I wire the terminals on the control panel for the internal sounder to the strobe on the external box?
      any idea for the other connections?

What Aritech panel do you have installed ?

HKC SABB. Strobe to internal bell, external bell to external bell, BHO and tamper return with resistor in SABB.

What Aritech panel do you have installed ?

HKC SABB. Strobe to internal bell, external bell to external bell, BHO and tamper return with resistor in SABB.

Nice one thanks

Nice one thanks

Your welcome, Any other problems let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hbrook

Hi all,
    I'm brand new to this and i know this thread is old, but I had same query as "minder 2009". I just rang an alarm installation company and was told that GSM diallers were not compatible with my CS350 alarm. Was then told that I would need a new control panel (cost €300) and gsm dialler (cost €450). They said only businesses and banks get this kind of system and why would I need it, also I would have to pay a company in Dublin €8 per month for the use of sim card. They said I could get cheaper DIY type gsm kits but they wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.
    I have checked out the cost of the gsm diallers suggested by Altor, and my query is, do these units replace my aritech keypad or get connected to it. I have read many reviews of these units and all sounds very positive.
    I would not attempt to install it myself, but my brother is an electrician, so he should be able to do, do you think?

hbrook wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm brand new to this and i know this thread is old, but I had same query as "minder 2009". I just rang an alarm installation company and was told that GSM diallers were not compatible with my CS350 alarm. Was then told that I would need a new control panel (cost €300) and gsm dialler (cost €450). They said only businesses and banks get this kind of system and why would I need it, also I would have to pay a company in Dublin €8 per month for the use of sim card. They said I could get cheaper DIY type gsm kits but they wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.
    I have checked out the cost of the gsm diallers suggested by Altor, and my query is, do these units replace my aritech keypad or get connected to it. I have read many reviews of these units and all sounds very positive.
    I would not attempt to install it myself, but my brother is an electrician, so he should be able to do, do you think?

Hi hbrook,

If they told you that then they dont know what they are doing and just want to upgrade your alarm system and add on a GSM. There is no need to do that if the system is working. Any system that has outputs can be connected to a GSM. It is very easy to do. If you want all you have to do is connect the GSM to the external bell output if you dont have the engineer code to set up the outputs on the control panel you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hbrook

Hi Altor,

Thats great, thanks. I'll go ahead and buy the gsm unit. Thanks again.:)

hbrook wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

Thats great, thanks. I'll go ahead and buy the gsm unit. Thanks again.:)

Your welcome, any other problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I think I have a similar query to above. I have an Aritech CS 350 alarm and I'm wondering is there a cheap way to get it to ring my mobile? (Once that number rings I'd know the alarm has gone off.)

Many thanks for any help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could fit a generic voice dialler or GSM dialler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Thanks Koolkid. I'm a complete amateur. Have you a link to either please?

Advertisement