Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedside CD/Radio/DAB/Internet Radio Gadget Thingy

• 19-11-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend something to satisfy the above needs! Trying to find something that covers as many of these as possible at the right price! Initially I had the idea of just getting a new portable CD/Radio/Alarm clock combination. Then I got thinking that maybe DAB would be good to have? Now I'm wondering if Internet Radio is a better complete solution? Are these better sourced online or locally? Is DAB or Internet radio a waste of money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Check out these manufacturers, you can buy any of them on Amazon. You may find it hard to get a DAB bedroom radio with CD player, most of the high end models have an iPod dock and it would be assumed that you've transferred your CDs to the iPod so don't need a CD player on the device.

www.revo.co.uk
    www.pure.com/ie

I have the Pure Siesta iDock and am very happy with it, it has DAB, FM, iPod dock and four separate alarms.

http://www.pure.com/ie/products/product.asp?Product=VL-61194

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

Every review I can find seems to be suggesting that the Roberts 83i is my best option. Anyone had experience with this?
    51ORR75HX5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have the 83i and think it's very good.

Quite good sound from such a small unit, better than the 202.

One thing though, is that, to the best of my knowledge, it can't be upgraded to DAB+ so if RTE decide on DAB+, the DAB tuner in this might end up redundant.

It's grand for wifi and FM though.

Advertisement