Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shutting down randomly

Options
  • 19-11-2010 1:27am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    My brother built a new computer last week,yesterday when he tryed to turn it on it would'nt after fiddleing around inside he got it working but tonight it shut down completely without any warning and again after fiddleing around with some wires it came on again,any ideas what could be wrong?

He thinks it might be the socket because our modem stopped working during the wk too and the red power light was flashing,also his old computer stopped working too,when he turned it on there was a lot of lines going around the screen.

any sugguestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

well to be honest with you, can you eliminate the faulty socket first( i.e. try another socket )? it is extremely difficult( and i mean extremely ) to find the problem with a PC that keeps rebooting, can be PSU problem, mobo problem, mem problem, gpu problem, overheating cpu or gpu problem, problem with mobo shorting on the case, leaked thermal compound onto cpu socket and a tonne of other stuff and each must be tested individually. So just sort the socket issue first :)

Advertisement