Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple To Build Secret SIM into iPhone

Options
  • 19-11-2010 1:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Means it is virtual network ready...roaming ready. All they need is to get the networks to play ball.

We will not know all the 'features' for some time but somehow I can't see that happening :D

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/db917464-f344-11df-a4fa-00144feab49a.html?ftcamp=rss
    European operators known to have concerns about Apple’s interest in the Sim include Vodafone of the UK, France Telecom and Spain’s Telefónica. They all declined to comment, as did Apple.
    But one senior executive at a European telecoms group said Apple risked a “war” over the new Sim with operators, which could refuse to subsidise the iPhone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Means it is virtual network ready...roaming ready. All they need is to get the networks to play ball.

We will not know all the 'features' for some time but somehow I can't see that happening :D

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/db917464-f344-11df-a4fa-00144feab49a.html?ftcamp=rss
    Apple are crazy trying to push their phones with networks when they are rapidly getting crushed by Android and a resurgent Nokia. The networks now have it well in their capacity to tell Apple where to go as the iPhone isn't the must have trinket it was even a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Apple are crazy trying to push their phones with networks when they are rapidly getting crushed by Android and a resurgent Nokia. The networks now have it well in their capacity to tell Apple where to go as the iPhone isn't the must have trinket it was even a year ago.

I'm never going to buy an iPhone, and my current phone runs on Android... but i'm not so sure they Apple are being crushed by Android.

It's a tad premature to call Nokia resurgent. Symbian 3 is a stop gap and Meego is an unknown quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement