Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Girls

• 19-11-2010 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I just came across this article on E2:

* Galway girls are open and vivacious.
    * Belfast girls canny and a bit well... loose.
    * Cavan girls are very mother of earth type creatures that just want to smother you with niceness, but that is also true of Fermanagh farm girls so I think it might be a country thing.
    * Holywood girls are posh and polite, and love driving Daddy's Merc. They all had mobiles when they were three... cos their Daddy owned shares in whichever company invented them. The are also far too intelligent for a man's good. :-) (side note - I live in Holywood).
    * Dungannon girls are casual, but watchful.
    * Coleraine girls are depressed but easy going.
    * Antrim girls have the nicest accents, really well rounded.
    * Ballymena girls are all related to each other, (so are the boys, don't ask... ).
    * Armagh girls are defensive. Don't ask me why, they never told me, or anyone else I know who visited.
    * Five-Mile-Town girls are hearty but deeply deeply cynical.
    * Cork girls smile lots, and love giving hugs. Though often they will stick things to your back.
    * Dublin girls drink far too much, but are never floored by any amount of alcohol.
    * Limerick girls hate their city, I don't know why, but they all seem to want to leave. (This is a good tip for thos wishing to get laid, just take the girl on a trip to Galway, or better still, Dublin.)

It's amazing what you learn living in Northern Ireland...

source -- any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ballaghadareen girls have trouble spelling the name of their town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

gagomes wrote: »
    Five-Mile-Down girls are hearty but deep

Creepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

but they're all lovely girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I wish i had the money to drink too much!

I can handle my drink well though alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

/moves to Galway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Moronic comment about "the feminists" any moment now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

KeithM89 wrote: »
    /moves to Galway...

Don't forget to double-bag it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

* Dublin girls drink far too much, but are never floored by any amount of alcohol.
    I don't drink very often so as a result get far too drunk on an embarrassingly small amount of alcohol. I'm obviously letting the stereotype down.
    Must. Drink. More. Booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

*E2 sources are a bit, well... Opinionated. Generalising nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

You're not from the Armagh/Antrim area yourself by any chance are ya?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'll take anything. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Girls from the town of Generalisation usually have the same opinions/personalities applied to them by the type of morons who make all-encompassing lists about the opinions/personalities of girls from that town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

"The feminists"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Dudess wrote: »

Well, yours is the foremost challenger for the title right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Well, yours is the foremost challenger for the title right now...

Give it time.....it's late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Girls from the town of Generalisation usually have the same opinions/personalities applied to them by the type of morons who make all-encompassing lists about the opinions/personalities of girls from that town.
    If it wasn't for the assertion that I smile lots and love giving hugs, I'd thank that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

....more water...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

finnezzia wrote: »
    ....more water...

This post is so irrelevant and out of context that it's hilarious! Good man :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why Fivemiletown?

It's tiny.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

But sure they all have lovely bottoms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ooh. Can we mention our own town?

Leixlip girls love the bad guys who will bang them, pole them, piss off until they get a house, keep banging other Leixlip girls, pole the others, piss off until they get a house and always have somewhere to sleep.

That or they'll seek out someone from a neighbouring town, have a kid for them, get a house and give that dude somewhere to sleep (even though he has 130 kids for 37 different women around the local area).

I feel sorry for these women.
    Actually, scratch that. I love these women. I really love you all. I'll never leave you. You mean so much to me, babe. I'd never cheat on you. You're really good looking. Why would I ever cheat on you?

Jesus ****ing Christ. There are some really dumb Irish women out there, and I've seen so many of them fall for the same crap over and over again.

Gentlemen, if you want a lady, then never go anywhere near a woman foolish enough to fall for the crappy lines above.

Ladies, if you want a gentleman, then never fall for any of the lines above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Terry wrote: »
    Gentlemen, if you want a lady, then never go anywhere near a woman foolish enough to fall for the crappy lines above.

what lines :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hope you have some wet wipes for your screen.

I agree with the Galway girls one, always friendly girls - especially the brunettes.

Kerry Girls are not there but they are the soundest girls in all of Ireland.

Leitrim girls are lovely of course, very genuine and always up for a laugh.

I'll stop there before my generalizations stop being positive, which would be inevitably when I got to the counties where the women must have all come from the bowels of hell and had their personalities sucked out of 'em at birth and vacuum packed, allowing for them only to be collected on exiting the world.

Saila wrote: »
    what lines :confused:
    I'll never leave you. You mean so much to me, babe. I'd never cheat on you. You're really good looking etc.

From a man with seven other women on the go and 3 kids that he never sees.

Remember, he can't see those kids because the ex is stopping him from seeing them (this is what he's telling you).
    This tells you that either he's a nutball, the mothers are nutballs or both.

If he's the nutball, then either run or suggest he seek counselling. If he refuses, then keep running.

If the mothers are nutballs, then just remember that you'll never be rid of them, and that he will go back and ride them again. I'm not wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Limerick girls rhyme...predictably

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It took me 3 reads until I realised it wasn't supposed to rhyme.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

You're not from the Armagh/Antrim area yourself by any chance are ya?!?

Not irish or from Armagh/Antrim, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ooh. Can we mention our own town?

Someone does not like Leixlip girls! I shall go to the Ozone to test you theories. I think a few of us should do boards research and from what I hear about Leixlip on a Friday night, safety in numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm with a Galway girl and agree with that statement :pac: though don't get confused with the snobby, up their own arse, know-it-all "Galwegian" types............they're usually the ones who moved to Galway from smaller towns because they're obviously more "cultured" than the hicks they left behind.

Hell, loads (including myself) moved from my town to Galway and it's always funny seeing how "cultured" they look compared to how average-looking they where when they lived back home :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

OutlawPete wrote: »

Kerry Girls are not all there but they are the soundest girls in all of Ireland.

+1 / FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

* Coleraine girls are depressed but easy going.

Are they f*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Jesus ****ing Christ. There are some really dumb Irish women out there, and I've seen so many of them fall for the same crap over and over again.

:(

fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

* Cork girls smile lots, and love giving hugs. Though often they will stab you in the back.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

The state of Harcourt Street after copperface jacks says otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

* Galway girls are open and vivacious.
    +1
    * Cork girls smile lots, and love giving hugs. Though often they will stick things to your back.

Superman? ew!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Clonmel girls are fat...and miserable...

Girls from [blank] are [blank] and [blank] but also [blank].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Devia wrote: »

Is it not mostly country folk who frequent that establishment? Particularly those who belong to certain professions of the public sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Girls from [blank] are [blank] and [blank] but also [blank].

i totally 100% agree! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

LOL, that list is good, see how the feminists are ok when the list is about good qualities?:D Anyhow, I enjoyed reading it and I would be considered a feminist (not a militant one though). Also I'm from Dublin and yeah it's true, we can hold our drink.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Grimes wrote: »
    Someone does not like Leixlip girls! I shall go to the Ozone to test you theories. I think a few of us should do boards research and from what I hear about Leixlip on a Friday night, safety in numbers.

Get with the program Grimes.

The Ozone is SOOOO 2008 or whenever it was renamed.

now it's called.... Zinc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Dudess wrote: »

Moronic post from the feminists any moment now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

And it only took 13 hours

i totally 100% agree! ;)

Sexist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Leixlip girls love the bad guys who will bang them, pole them, piss off until they get a house, keep banging other Leixlip girls, pole the others, piss off until they get a house and always have somewhere to sleep.

Terrence, you have some explaining to do.

Grimes wrote: »
    Short explanation involving 2 men (John and Mick) and one woman (Mary).

Taking my previous post into context, Mary has a kid for both John and Mick.
    John came first, but he pissed off as soon as the next burrrrd* got her house. Then Mick entered the scene. His kid is 2 months old, so he's still shacked up with Mary.

John doesn't like that Mick is doing his ex burrrrrrrrrrrrd. He sees him after leaving the nightclub (whatever it's called these days) and, with the help of 10 of his strongest friends, bravely confronts Mick (but makes sure that it all happens out of the view of the Garda car parked at the top of the town).
    Then Mary calls Mick's friends and chaos ensues.

In another scenario, John doesn't see Mick in the village afterwards and decides to pick a fight with a smaller guy who is just trying to get a snack box for his girlfriend in one of the chippers.

gatecrash wrote: »
    Get with the program Grimes.

The Ozone is SOOOO 2008 or whenever it was renamed.

now it's called.... Zinc.
    Have you been there?
    I went once because I did a small bit of tiling there when it was being refurbished. I just wanted to see how the finished product looked. It wasn't great. Left after 1 pint. The place was full of kids.

My friend Tom McD (you know him. The year below us) was leaving for Oz. His family are friends of the owners, so anyone with him was getting in free that night. I just kept lighting cigarettes while waiting for everyone to go in and then went home. I couldn't face going in there again.

bronte wrote: »
    Terrence, you have some explaining to do.

Ahh, babe. You know I didn't mean you. I love you.

Actually the post was borne out of frustration because my friend keeps going back to the same girl, even though she's 4 months pregnant for someone else, and he has decided to raise the kid as his own. They already have a kid together, but his genetic lineage is questionable there. She refused a paternity test and he's concerned that his virility may be called into question.

Also, I'm quite bitter because Leixlip women only ever want to be my friend.
    I'm never going to get laid.

*These people all have really strong Dublin accents for some reason. I've no idea why. They grew up in Leixlip to parents from the South or West.
    My Mother was about 10th generation Leixlip, and my Father was from the Liberties, but I only have a very slight Dublin twang.
    I'd love to know where they are buying those accents because I've been trying to pull a Swedish chick for years, and would really like to buy the Swedish Chef accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Devia wrote: »

When was the last time you saw an actual Dublin girl in Copper's though?

That's the whole POINT of the place.

Facilitates our hairy country brethren who want to make absolutely certain they don't mingle genes with anyone who mightn't be their second cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

If you want to see exactly what Irish girls are like watch "Take Me Out" at 10pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

@ Terry.

I took your post as a bit of a rant, but that isn't a Leixlip or Irish problem!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

When was the last time you saw an actual Dublin girl in Copper's though?

That's the whole POINT of the place.

Facilitates our hairy country brethren who want to make absolutely certain they don't mingle genes with anyone who mightn't be their second cousin.

There are quite a few Dublin people I know who frequent the place, mostly girls rather than ladzzzz however.

• Advertisement
Advertisement