Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,620 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stopped playing at the end of chapter 7 after 4.5 hours game time as i didnt want to finish it in one go.

Seriously disappointed with it, fair enough its more portal but only a little bit more and nearly 5 times the price of the previous.

Its a good game but very short and should have 4 other titles with it for the price.
    You're terribly wrong. The game was comparably long to Half Life or Half Life 2, when you think about it. Not to mention a pretty rich experience too. That and you seem to take for granted what a wonderful gift the Orange Box actually was/is (which btw now only costs 20). It's really stupid to consider the Orange Box as a standard release for any game company, let alone valve. You can cry about wanting more for your 45 but I'm plenty satisfied in the 10 hours I got out of Portal 2, with plans to run through it again in the future, it played out like an incredibly awesome movie with puzzle elements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Great game tbh played it for around 10 hours didnt think the single player was to short and packed with funny diolog GLaDOS was really on form and you had Wheatley and cave johnson i laughed out loud a number of times damned if i remember the last time any form of entertainment made me do that worth the money alone

I have a copy of portal to give away fyi if anyone would like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,011 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only got to play it for half an hour tonight, but really liked what I played.

Loved Stephen Merchant's voicework, but I'm a big fan anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bizmark wrote: »
    Great game tbh played it for around 10 hours didnt think the single player was to short and packed with funny diolog GLaDOS was really on form and you had Wheatley and cave johnson i laughed out loud a number of times damned if i remember the last time any form of entertainment made me do that worth the money alone

I'll take it please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

;)
    bizmark wrote: »

what do you want for it? maybe a swap?
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Overheal wrote: »
    You're terribly wrong. The game was comparably long to Half Life or Half Life 2, when you think about it. Not to mention a pretty rich experience too. That and you seem to take for granted what a wonderful gift the Orange Box actually was/is (which btw now only costs 20). It's really stupid to consider the Orange Box as a standard release for any game company, let alone valve. You can cry about wanting more for your 45 but I'm plenty satisfied in the 10 hours I got out of Portal 2, with plans to run through it again in the future, it played out like an incredibly awesome movie with puzzle elements.

How can i be terribly wrong :confused: Its an opinion that the game is too short, not much different than the 1st one and over priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

How can i be terribly wrong :confused: Its an opinion that the game is too short, not much different than the 1st one and over priced.

Well you're completely ignoring the co-op for starters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Not much different than the 1st"

Curious as to what you were expecting then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's a wonderful wonderful game and I highly recommend anyone that is in doubt just buys it and plays it.

I haven't laughed this much at a game since Portal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Beer + Subway + Portal 2 tonight :D

Only played 20 minutes of it last night, gonna start again and play it right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Finished it at 4:30 this morning, havent done that with a game in a hell of a while.

Thought chapter 7 was waaayyyy more difficult than any of the rest.
    Didnt particularly like the setting for it either , bit too bioshock for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Just got this on Xbox.

Uh, don't like how there's no Content Download on the back of the box, considering Valve have been saying for ages that we're getting DLC and user-created content.

I also don't like how all versions but the Xbox one were published by EA.

Is Xbox about to get screwed again?

Healium, likely yes, but we have known about this for a long time.

MS won't allow Steamworks on Xbox Live, so Valve can't update the game without going through MS and their processes, and releasing something as a DLC package (charged for).

PS3 and PC/Mac use Steamworks, Valve can update and add content as they like.

360 version is published by EA though (?), I thought. EA are doing all the retail publishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Healium wrote: »
    Just got this on Xbox.

Uh, don't like how there's no Content Download on the back of the box, considering Valve have been saying for ages that we're getting DLC and user-created content.

I also don't like how all versions but the Xbox one were published by EA.

Is Xbox about to get screwed again?

I'd imagine the Xbox version will be screwed in some way just because of the lack of Steamworks integration. Well maybe not screwed, but will be lacking compared to the other versions in some way. That's no ones fault but Microsoft's though for keeping the platform so closed. At least that's what Gabe Newell alluded to in his speech at the Sony press conference at E3 last year.

koneko wrote: »
    Healium, likely yes, but we have known about this for a long time.

MS won't allow Steamworks on Xbox Live, so Valve can't update the game without going through MS and their processes, and releasing something as a DLC package (charged for).

PS3 and PC/Mac use Steamworks, Valve can update and add content as they like.

360 version is published by EA though (?), I thought. EA are doing all the retail publishing.
    I wouldn't mind, but they said in an interview that all platforms will receive the same content, at the same time. I assumed they came up with a Super Meat Boy/Halo Reach-esque method of bypassing Microsoft to release user-created content. Now, I'm not so sure. I hope they didn't lie to us.

Scratch the EA thing. Apparently Xbox version isn't out until tomorrow, on their website, so it's the only one not listed :confused:http://www.ea.com/uk/games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Headshot wrote: »
    I'll take it please

Pm me your steam id

Xbox will get content, and hopefully they'll find some way of doing it, but it's MS that are making it difficult.

Xbox version is meant to be out today though, release date is 21/04 for both console versions :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

One of the best games I ever played, i had high expectations for this one and was not disappointed. best graphics of any puzzle game I ever saw, haven't started co-op yet, waiting until next week for my bro to play through single player.

for me the funnyest part was...
    the turret testing part of the factory

...I just stayed there listing to them.

I also found an easter egg...
    I think it's the 2nd or third turret room, there is a turret at the start hiding in the vent, you have to run past, if you go back and kill him with the discouragement beam, it opens the vent and egg is inside

I also got a free DLC...
    beanie hat with a companion cube bobble

I dont know if i got that for pre-ordering, finishing single player, or if it's random item for trading.

anyway, best game of 2011 so far, 10/10 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just finished singleplayer about 40 minutes ago.

Absolutely amazing game, funny, intelligent and damn challenging at some parts.
    Easily my favourite game of 2011 so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anyone else find
    the singing turrets Easter Egg?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Rather annoyed at psn being down, I can't activate the pc edition of portal. :mad: Damn anonymous messing up my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Rather annoyed at psn being down, I can't activate the pc edition of portal. :mad: Damn anonymous messing up my day.

At least you got the game :o

I must wait until I can afford it (read:never) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Absolutely ****ing brilliant... Not sure if I want to play through it again with commentary on now or take a dip into coop...

I was looking forward to finding out what the
    Lunacy
    achievement was all about, got a good old laugh when that finally popped up:p

Played it for the last 2 hours and am really enjoying it..

.. couple of head-scratchers here and there but nothing too testing so far.

Stopped the game at the "
    BIRD! BIRD! BIRD! BIRD!
    "! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pixelburp wrote: »
    "Not much different than the 1st"

Curious as to what you were expecting then?

"More" as i said its more of the same which is what i wanted but its still short of a full game. For the full price it has there should be more game in it.

Played coop tonight, good crack but has no replay value whatsoever.

Still feel ripped off with the full price this game came with.

Reckon by sat everyone else but the Valve fan boys will agree, as noone will ever replay this game again.

I was actually quite disappointed with this. That's what I get for setting my hopes way too high.

Co-op looks fun, though.

So I played the game for half an hour last night.. and about 2.5 hours tonight.

Am really enjoying it but am just starting '
    Chapter 4 - The Suprise
    ' and it's
    18/22 levels

Surely it couldn't possibly be THAT short.. I mean quality over quantity and all, but jesus! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Basq wrote: »

Chapter 4 - The Suprise
    ' and it's
    18/22 levels

Surely it couldn't possibly be THAT short.. I mean quality over quantity and all, but jesus! :eek:
    It's longer than that...
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Basq wrote: »

Chapter 4 - The Suprise
    ' and it's
    18/22 levels

If you go to the start new game menu you will see that there are 10 chapters, and you are on chapter 4.

Advertisement