Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That is excellent news. All we need now is a cross-platform TF2 ownage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Hercule wrote: »
    Ok perhaps people are misinterpreting what I am saying -imo Portal 1 is a complex sourcemod, thats not belittling it to the rank of "rubbish sourcemods" I am not lumping it in with the hundreds of crap/unfinished sourcemods - You could arguably define CSS/DODS/TF2 as sourcemods too - it doesn't de-merit a game - I don't however believe it belongs on the shelf at the same price as the "full" games churned out by Ubisoft/EA/Bioware/Blizzard et al.

This game belongs or in 2007 belonged in the Xbox Live arcade/indy game/Minecraft price range.
    But when Portal was released as a standalone game it was priced at €20 max in stores, even less on Steam. I agree the first Portal would have been a harder sell at €40-50 as a standalone title.

Portal 2 is different however I think, it is a more feature rich game (e.g. co-op/multiplayer), and perhaps a longer game overall too? I'm not quite sure as I haven't even watched anything more than the first trailer for the game (didn't want any spoilers) but I certainly got that impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Iirc the €20 price point for portal 1 only occurred later as part of its standalone retail launch - it represented even worse value considering the orange box was €29.99 at launch and included hl2/hl2 ep1/tf2 and portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

20 is less than 29.99 and people are stupid.

Can't wait to mess with people by shooting a portals under their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

So the glorious PC gaming master race has to associate with the console gaming peasants now?

for ****s sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

So the glorious PC gaming master race has to associate with the console gaming peasants now?

for ****s sake

the console players are just there to be dropped on switches/sentries a la the cube in portal1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Wossack wrote: »
    the console players are just there to be dropped on switches/sentries a la the cube in portal1

Don't forget into incinerators :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

for ****s sake

Hey senan, sure you sucked so bad at css im sure i'd beat your ass using a PS3 pad !! HA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i better get cake this time or im releasing a trojan virus into someones cyber-anal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Was just looking on steam and the countdown to April 18th is gone..
    April 18th is now just April.. Another delay?
    I hope not :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That's one hell'ovafuckedup video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

So, pre-orders go up tonight when Valentines hits America then?

So, pre-orders go up tonight when Valentines hits America then?

Ouch, €45 and no Valentine's combo pack :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pre-ordered... Happy love day to me!:p

Oh, a combo pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,349 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

$45?

Thats crazy

Overheal wrote: »
    $45?

Thats crazy

I hate you, you and your cheapo American prices :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Any of your guys got a steam UK account and want to get the double pack with me, PM me.

I hate you, you and your cheapo American prices :p
    Your minimum wage is what?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Your minimum wage is what?

I think it's €7.65 but I don't know for certain, it's been a while since I've been on it.

I know it probably balances out somewhere along the line but it's still bloody stupid that the cost varies on location for the exact same product.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

€45 at 10% discount so €50 normally. Are Valve still claiming these days that they are not involved in overpricing on steam because of the demands of publishers? Ridiculous price.

I'll happily buy a few copies in GBP (£26.99) if any of the regulars want?
    Can't believe they haven't sorted out the Euro pricing yet!

I also seem to have a copy of Portal 1 to gift if anybody out there hasn't got it already...

^ From dollars Thats still $43.61

Euro pricing: $60.81

Yeah, Eurozone gettin screwed.

tman wrote: »
    I'll happily buy a few copies in GBP (£26.99) if any of the regulars want?
    Can't believe they haven't sorted out the Euro pricing yet!

I also seem to have a copy of Portal 1 to gift if anybody out there hasn't got it already...

me me me.
    If you get a 2 pack it's only 24 pounds each.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    me me me.
    If you get a 2 pack it's only 24 pounds each.

Just had a look at the 2 pack - it only lets me specify 1 person to gift it to, so not too sure how or if that's going to work!

You gift the 2 packs to someone, they get portal 1+2, then they can gift one more to another person.
    I think.

That's what they're saying on the steam forums at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I saw it on amazon.co.uk for £29.99 (~€36). With free delivery, I'd see no point in ordering from steam unless you are desperate to get it as soon as possible. I'm in no hurry. Hopfully it will be on sale Christmas 2012.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Onwards with buying Steam sale items only then. Just Cause 2 - €6.25 today. Portal 2 in the brick and mortar shop I think.

• Advertisement

We should be living in Spain, it's only €35 there and €30 per copy for the 2 pack.

Advertisement