Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Portal 2 seems to be sold out everywhere. Doesn't happen very often these days.
    Not on Steam (games actually have managed to sell out on Steam before believe it or not. I think Prey was the first to do it).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st off, game is just a pure joy to play!!!

2nd - i'm on chapter 5
    The escape where I got rid of the turrets and the toxin and about to face glados.
    please tell me it doesn't end here???

3rd - Chapter 4 spoilers - When you are
    escaping with wheatley at the end, what happens if you follow Galdos' instructions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sheehy83 wrote: »

2nd - i'm on chapter 5
    The escape where I got rid of the turrets and the toxin and about to face glados.
    it does not
    escaping with wheatley at the end, what happens if you follow Galdos' instructions?
    you die

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

2nd - i'm on chapter 5
    There are 10 chapters.
    sheehy83 wrote:
    You die. You actually get an achievement for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

10 chapters, thank fook! cheers lads! this game just has to win so many awards this year!

• Advertisement

Wheatley shouts out "Yeah like we're going to fall for th- WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" then GLaDOS releases the neurotoxin and you die and get an achievement.
    Very very very minor spoiler:
    There's another similar achievement later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Someone on NeoGAF linked to these videos, from someone who has been having a go at making some custom maps in Portal 2. They've come up with some really interesting stuff already, where they've had a go at making some 'world portals'. If you've listened to the Dev Commentary in Portal 2 you will have heard the developers talking about this technique for linking parts of the map.

(There is something here for any Doctor Who fans ^^.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nearly done with co-op , have to say it is one of the most rewarding and enjoyable multiplayer experiences I've had on xbox.

I have played almost exclusively with strangers, and only had one quitter and shockingly no trash takers. So rewarding when both of you figure something out and fascinating watching how some people go about trying things and working things out as opposed to how you would do it yourself. One part involving running between
    two close together portals and orange goo
    I would never in a million years have seen but after 10 minutes doing everything esle in the room the guy says ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

If you go into the room you see an exit Glados say look a deer. you probabaly cant see it why don't you take a closer look at which point the walls close behind you and to tubes come out of the walls realing nurotoxin

Finished the singleplayer a while ago. Absolutely loved it. Dying to try co op, damn you PSN hackers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Finished the singleplayer a while ago. Absolutely loved it. Dying to try co op, damn you PSN hackers :mad:

I thought all PS3 users got a free copy of it on PC? You could play it online on steam if you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

downloaded portol 1 from xbox marketplace couple of days ago was on offer so decided what the heck, very good puzzle game i will definitely be getting portol 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

VonLuck wrote: »
    I thought all PS3 users got a free copy of it on PC? You could play it online on steam if you wanted.
    He would still need access to the PSN to link his Steam account with his PSN account. Which, obviously, he cant do because it's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DLC coming this summer.....
    Completed Portal 2 already? Not to worry. New additions to the title are being assembled for launch this summer.

Valve's Doug Lombardi let slip the good news in an interview with Fast Company, but left the details vague.

"We will be announcing some DLC for it, so folks can keep a look out for more content coming this summer. We'll be putting more details out about that in a week or so.

"We'll support that with more videos or more comics," Lombardi said.

There's already one free comic available online, Portal 2: Lab Rat. The story bridges Portal and Portal 2 and follows the mysterious Rat Man. In-game, his graffitied dens are hidden throughout Aperture Science's test chambers.

What could the new DLC contain? It probably won't be more hats, a day one DLC option that infuriated PC gamers.

More likely is the addition of new levels for Portal 2's superb co-op mode, though we hope for something new for the single-player campaign as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-28-portal-2-dlc-out-this-summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

He would still need access to the PSN to link his Steam account with his PSN account. Which, obviously, he cant do because it's down.

Ah. Did not realise the steam account relied on PSN. That has got to suck.

Bought a used copy last monday, so no joy there!

Bought a used copy last monday, so no joy there!
    How much was your used copy, if you dont mind me asking?
    Ah. Did not realise the steam account relied on PSN. That has got to suck.
    It's killing me. I think I'm just gonna forget about the PC version for now and playthrough the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's killing me. I think I'm just gonna forget about the PC version for now and playthrough the PS3 version.

It works really well, the levels are designed with controllers in mind (not a bad thing).

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ZDvCc.jpg

Courtesy of Reddit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    [Image]

Noobs, everybody knows that moving surfaces don't hold portals!

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ZDvCc.jpg

Although I have yet to start Portal 2 (not too sure if this is the case for Portal 2), there is a reason why you cant place a portal on a moving object. This explains why.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can't someone think of the Thermodynamics?!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

But in Portal 2 you can (sometimes) place a portal on a moving object.
    Destroying the neurotoxin tubes, laser cutting through the tubes via portals on moving platforms

Seems to be the only time though, there are plenty of other surfaces in P2 that the portals disappear from when the surface moves.

If the rule was that a portal cannot pass through another portal (regardless of what it's placed on), then everything would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

5uspect wrote: »
    Can't someone think of the Thermodynamics?!
    In our house, we obey the laws of THERMODYNAMICS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just finished this today. Amazing game. I didn't think it was too short at all, in fact having heard so many people complain about how short it was it actually ended up being much longer than I expected!

Stephen Merchant was just amazing though, one of my favourite bits was
    when you free him from his railing and he starts going on about how great it is to be free and that he go anywhere, then he forgets how to get where he's going and says something like, 'well, just follow the railing actually'.
    One of many genuine laugh-out-loud moments.

Also, the end,
    when I first saw the moon I thought 'oh that's a nice touch... surely I can't actually shoot a portal at it though... holy crap!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Noobs, everybody knows that moving surfaces don't hold portals!
    Although I have yet to start Portal 2 (not too sure if this is the case for Portal 2), there is a reason why you cant place a portal on a moving object. This explains why.

Times you can place portals on a moving surface:

a) when wheatley is taking too long to come up with a plan
    b) when the designers have written themselves into a dead end

:P

Perhaps you can't place a portals on surfaces whose rate of acceleration is changing over time. The moon is constantly accelerating but it's always accelerating the same way (towards the Earth).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

All this portal 2 take made me take the wrapper off Orange Box on Xbox I got last week and fire up Portal.

2 hours and finished and what a blast, will more then definitely pick up the sequel but if its as short as this I'll hold off till its a more reasonable price

How much was your used copy, if you dont mind me asking?

€46.99 in gamestop last monday. The previous owner used the steam download code thingy and traded it in right away. Traded in crysis and castlevania and made €17 profit. I want to give co op a go and will probably trade it in for mortal kombat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TheDoc wrote: »
    2 hours and finished and what a blast, will more then definitely pick up the sequel but if its as short as this I'll hold off till its a more reasonable price

It's 9 hours, give or take, and worth every single cent!

Advertisement