Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Finished it a couple days ago. Very impressed with it!! Story was perfect, and the dialogue was hilarious! :D Especially Wheatley.

Haven't played the multiplayer yet, but gonna get started on that tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Must...play...co-op. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I cleared the single player there last night. Steam counter says 4 hours, but i dont think thats right.. 6-7 would be closer i think.

I have to say, i'd be edging more to the dreamers75 side of thinking.

I enjoyed the game, it looked nice, it was funny but I just dont think it had the wow factor that portal had. If I was to rate it would probably get a 8/10 from me.

Now I haven't played the co-op im waiting till a buddy of mine gets the game from amazon, but unless co-op is the most magical gaming experience I have ever encountered, there is no way the game is worth the €50 they are looking for it on steam imo. Maybe with the addition of user content it will become worth that, but not yet anyways.

Co-op was the probably one of the most magical gaming experiences I ever encountered, its just so good. I played with a buddy of mine and we had the voice chat going. Cleared it in one sitting, apparently took about 4 hours.
    My only minor gripe would be that you lose voice chat during loading screens

Some really great parts in it
    The chamber where you need to
    collide in mid air
    basically any part where you needed to work as a team with good timing.

I thought the co-op was much more challenging than the single player.

Voice chat really really helped, but I would really like in a DLC if there was a couple of chambers where glasdos disabled it so you had to rely on pings etc i think it would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

SO is the consensus to get it for PC and not XB?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SO is the consensus to get it for PC and not XB?

Get the PS3 version and you get a code for the game on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

F1ngers wrote: »
    Get the PS3 version and you get a code for the game on steam.

Is that working at the moment with the PSN down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is that working at the moment with the PSN down?
    Nope. Wont be redeemable until the PSN is back up and running.
    If he doesn't need it now then he could trade it in one the code is used and save himself a heap of money. How much are people getting for trade ins for this game? Just curious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just finished this (rented it on the 360) and loved it, as much for Stephen Merchant as for the class gameplay. I only googled the solution to one puzzle as the eureka moments are brilliant.
    Is it worth picking up the original or is the second much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Just finished this (rented it on the 360) and loved it, as much for Stephen Merchant as for the class gameplay. I only googled the solution to one puzzle as the eureka moments are brilliant.

The original is just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

ShooterSF wrote: »
    It's a bit different. There are no lasers, bridges, bouncy plates or funnels. There are only the Portals, buttons, boxes and puzzles based around redirecting energy balls into sockets to power things. There's less humour (though it's still one of the funniest games around) and the only character is GLaDOS. There are also more fast-paced flinging puzzles and the facility and chambers are a lot less developed. This probably sounds bad but it's actually great! SP only though.

Also, updates announced for free for all four platforms.
    http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?177241-Portal-2-DLC-Details-Announced-Free-On-All-Platforms

Will include "new test chambers for players, leaderboards, challenge mode for single and multiplayer modes, and more."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Must...play...co-op. Anyone?

Xbox?

GT= Calex dEUS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

I don't like these kind of games at all. Lot's of trash out on the shelves in the game shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Bought it 3 days ago, finally figured out the 2nd last map 2 days ago and started and completed the co-op mode yesterday with a complete randomer. The co-op was surprisingly easy. Overall I would say that portal 2 is easier than the original, if only because portal 2 was more thinking and less reflexes. Most likely to cater for the console and the control systems, also noticed that the load times seemed to be artificially long.

Edit: Having said that really enjoyed it, especially the co-op it was just fun and satisfying, overall well worth the €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i completed the game in 3 days and now its sitting on the shelf collecting dust, i feel disappointed i bought it. should have rented it instead, waste of 50 euros. if i trade it back in id be lucky to get 20 i think!
    so to anyone considering buiying it... rent it for a week or 2 instead.

tumblr_lkb925himL1qh61jbo1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Picked this up earlier on PS3 as part of the GameStop trade-in deal. Wow, Valve really do make the best games. Had to force myself to turn it off there as I want something new to play during the coming week. That, and my brain doesn't work quite as well after I've had a few beers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i completed the game in 3 days and now its sitting on the shelf collecting dust, i feel disappointed i bought it. should have rented it instead, waste of 50 euros. if i trade it back in id be lucky to get 20 i think!
    so to anyone considering buiying it... rent it for a week or 2 instead.
    Just so you know, first free DLC is out this summer. Also, have you tried the co-op yet?

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Just so you know, first free DLC is out this summer. Also, have you tried the co-op yet?

i didnt hear anything about dlc and no i havent played co-op as the psn is down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

calex71 wrote: »
    There's another one by Jon Rutlen that has Cave Johnson quotes. :D

What I'd love is a live wallpaper that lets you put portals on it when you tap it, get on that somebody!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i didnt hear anything about dlc and no i havent played co-op as the psn is down
    It does have split-screen if you didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Finished it earlier today. Awesome, pure awesome.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Töpher wrote: »
    Finished it earlier today. Awesome, pure awesome.

That is all.
    Same.

Anyone want to get that play with a newb achievement?
    I haven't played co-op yet. Steam account name is Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Same.

Anyone want to get that play with a newb achievement?
    I haven't played co-op yet. Steam account name is Nollog
    I'll play with you once PSN is back online. That way, I don't have to play the PC version again to get the achievement again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started splitscreen co-op with a friend yesterday.

The velocity ones are wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

5uspect wrote: »
    Can't someone think of the Thermodynamics?!

Every destination in space needs 6 points to describe it, and to chart a course you need an origin so you can't go changing any of those or the path between the portals could no longer be described by those 7 points.

Spoiler chamber 20 with no portal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SonicTitan

Played the first 2 chambers in co op with a friend split screen earlier.
    Awesome stuff. Would like to play online co op also when PSN is back.
    Hit me up.....Desecrator666

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well that was the best 7 - 8 hours gaming I have spent in an awfully long time. Valve have certainly not lost their ability to tell a engaging SP story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Rented Portal 2 earlier, currently 3.30 hours through it and on Chapter 5, definitely one of the funniest games I've played with plenty of laugh out loud moments. Some challenging puzzles but nothing that that makes be bored of the game so credit to Valve there for getting the balance right.

Loving it so far, I know its been said countless times already but Wheately in particular is brilliantly voiced

Easily one of the most satisfying nights of gaming by myself I've had, add a 6 pack of Bud for proper enjoyment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kersmash wrote: »

Mind Blown, I gotta play through this again now!

Advertisement