Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just found out that PSN won't be online until the end of this month. Well that's just great, I just want to link my accounts already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone want to help me out with co-op on the 360 version sometime? My gamertag is Justin Biebar. I tried co-op with random people but they're way quicker than me at knowing what to do and they shoot the ping tool a million times to tell me where to create portals before I've even had a chance to look around. I just wanna relax and take it slow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anyone want to help me out with co-op on the 360 version sometime? My gamertag is Justin Biebar.
    Out. ---->

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I was on Chapter 6 and my goddam game saves got corrupted!!! Stupid ps3!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Loved the game. Only gripes are more simplistic puzzles in single player and the final boss was a cake walk.

Co-op is also excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just found out that PSN won't be online until the end of this month. Well that's just great, I just want to link my accounts already!

it wont be fully online till the end of the month. Sony are expecting to have online play back soon... But knowing them it could be ages away. I have no idea If having online play will let you link your steam account or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Kersmash wrote: »
    it wont be fully online till the end of the month. Sony are expecting to have online play back soon... But knowing them it could be ages away. I have no idea If having online play will let you link your steam account or not though.
    So long as you can sign in to the PSN on your PS3 you will be able to link your PSN account with your Steam account from within Portal 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished this a few hours ago, what a brilliant game. I think it's better than the first one and that's not easy! I found myself stuck for around 20 minutes a few times but when it clicks in your head how to solve the puzzle, it's bloody satisfying. The story was great, the voice-acting was top-notch. 10/10 game for me.

The ending was great I thought:
    Shooting a portal at the moon was a very cool way to end it. Wasn't expecting GLaDOS to just let you go and when I saw the turrets in the elevator, I thought ''BITCH!'' but they just broke into song so that was okay. Reaching the surface and walking out into the field was a class moment and the companion cube was a nice touch!
    There was definite closure so there won't be a Portal 3 (I doubt it anyway...) and it's probably for the best because how could they top this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

J. Marston wrote: »
    There was definite closure so there won't be a Portal 3 (I doubt it anyway...) and it's probably for the best because how could they top this?
    Closure as far as Chell goes perhaps, but I'm sure the story will continue without her (she wasn't even supposed to be in this game to begin with)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I finished it a week ago. The production is superb; the vista at the end was breathtaking. Simmons' Cave Johnson is great. The Cave Johnson part of the game was the strongest and the new mechanics added to the experience and should have been introduced much earlier to replace the banal laser sections. The puzzles veered more toward the 'find where you can make a portal' end of the spectrum than the previous game.

The problem of solving 'solved' puzzles is still present and therefore, Portal 2, like its predecessor, is dull and ultimately pointless on a second-run if not for the extras. The game deserves something of the nature of the AI director from Left 4 Dead to change the experience each playthrough.

A flawed game, but the production disgraces most other games.
    humanji wrote: »
    Thanks for being condescending. Considering the plot of HL1, Episode 1 and Episode 2 and Portal 1 + 2, the plot of HL2 is fairly lacking. That's all I'm saying.
    How does Half-Life 2 lack plot in comparison to Portal 1, Portal 2, and Half-Life 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Does this game have "local, slipscreen co-op" or is it only an online option? (sorry, I google'd it but I couldn't find an answer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

smokedeels wrote: »
    Does this game have "local, slipscreen co-op" or is it only an online option? (sorry, I google'd it but I couldn't find an answer)

Has local split and system link too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I literally replaced 'this game' from your question with 'Portal 2' and put it into google.
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=Does+portal+2+have+%22local%2C+slipscreen+co-op%22+or+is+it+only+an+online+option%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

The first link tells you YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Thanks man, your googling prowess puts me to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

• Xbox 360: Local co-op and online over Xbox Live
    • PS3: Local co-op and online with PS3, Mac and PC players over Steam (make sure not to get the game second hand, you need a once-off use code to activate the game on Steam to use this, but you also get a free PC/Mac version when you do this)
    • PC or Mac: Online co-op with PS3, Mac and PC players over Steam or you can use certain cheat codes to activate an unsupported split-screen mode but at least one player needs to use a controller for this to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

So if you buy a PS3 version you get a PC one free too on steam? Very nice, 2 for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

how much would i get for portal 2 PS3 copy, have one for sale. the steam codes been used.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    how much would i get for portal 2 PS3 copy, have one for sale. the steam codes been used.

Not sure about ps3 but sign in the window of gamestop said €32 was the trade in price offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Just thought I'd let you guys know, picked of Portal 2 for xbox in Dublin in HMV Henry street there yesterday for €34.99 brand new.
    Dunno if it was the same for ps3, or whether Grafton had it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Portal 2 soundtrack downloadable for free. :)

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Portal 2 soundtrack downloadable for free. :)

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

or why now take it mobile and amaze your pals with http://www.appbrain.com/app/portal-2-soundboard/com.randomcrap.portaltwo
    The end song as nice as it is is just not Still Alive is it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Hope this hasn't been posted yet: well made fan film called
    Outside Aperture
    , set after Portal 2:

The special effects and acting are surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure about ps3 but sign in the window of gamestop said €32 was the trade in price offered.

Is this still being offered?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Finished this last night and was going through it today getting some of remaining achievements. Fantastic game, loved every second of it.

spudwiser wrote: »
    Is this still being offered?

I hope so , I plan on getting rid in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Finished co-op, anyone wanna join me to try for the remaining achievements, like portal conservation society, four-ring circus and the like? I also want to be a Portal Professor. Gamertag is Justin Biebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

The map contest winners have been chosen. Some good looking maps there. Anybody given them a go?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/28/portal-2-map-contest-winners-chosen-available-to-play-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No love for Sex-box or Pss3? :(

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

jcrowbar wrote: »
    The map contest winners have been chosen. Some good looking maps there. Anybody given them a go?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/28/portal-2-map-contest-winners-chosen-available-to-play-now/

I played the winning entry Patent Pending earlier and it was excellent - on a par with the ones valve made. About half an hour long or so depending. Well worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

jaykhunter wrote: »
    No love for Sex-box or Pss3? :(

Get the PC version. Better looking, better controls and lots of support from valve and the community :D

Advertisement