Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

This looks like it could be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hey, lads, I blew through this game yesterday. Really enjoyed it (as I did with the first one too). Along the way though, I missed the Pit Boss achievement. I was wondering if there's a way to replay that part. I've tried a bunch of the later levels through the challenge mode otion, but can't seem to find the one I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I <3 Valve so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i already have this but can i buy it again and gift it to someone? really looking forward to the update today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

i already have this but can i buy it again and gift it to someone? really looking forward to the update today

You sure can, you will have the option at checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That editor looks beautifully straightforward. Infinite testing ahoy!

Sarky wrote: »
    That editor looks beautifully straightforward. Infinite testing ahoy!

roll on 6pm today, im guessing thats when its out is it, thats usually when steam changes their deals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Am I imagining things or did Valve once give it's top 10 Team Fortress 2 content creators a cut of the profits that they earned from the miscellaneous hats, etc?

I wonder if they might do something similar here. (Providing the above wasn't a dream I had once!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm pretty sure that anyone that makes items that are sold on the Manconomy gets a cut of the profits form the sales of their items. There's also the stamp system for map makers.

EDIT: From here:
    How does the item publishing process work?

You create an item that meets the submssion requirements.
    You test your item using the in-game 'itemtest' map.
    You publish your item to the Steam Workshop through the in-game item publishing tool.
    We review your item and potentially select it to be added to the game.
    If selected we contact you then integrate the item into Team Fortress 2.
    We test your item.
    We add it to the game and split the money your item generates in the Mann Co. store with you.

Sorry to double post but the update is live and it's bloody great!

• Advertisement

Let the testing begin, some class test chambers up already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So, I completely haven't been paying attention, is this a level editor they've released? The game is basically going to become infinite. This is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

danthefan wrote: »
    So, I completely haven't been paying attention, is this a level editor they've released? The game is basically going to become infinite. This is brilliant.

Yes, that is exactly what it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Someone from Valve seriously needs to create a Boards account and then post in this thread so they can be thanked a gazillion times. Valve, I love you! My PC, I love you! PC gaming FTW!

I think I'm going to cry...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Exams are coming to an end for everyone too, perfect timing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It is currently on sale on STEAM for less than 7euro !!! (till the 11th)
    Without doubt - bargain of the year , advise everyone to pick up a copy who already doesn't own one !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Exams are coming to an end for everyone too, perfect timing! :D

Exams are over, let the testing begin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

12 Angry tests is my favourite so far although only the first 7 parts have been released yet.

Some real good single chambers in the workshop too. What are peoples best of so far?

marco_polo wrote: »
    12 Angry tests is my favourite so far although only the first 7 parts have been released yet.

Some real good single chambers in the workshop too. What are peoples best of so far?

iv just been at some of these, they are fantastic. this is a masterstroke by valve. and people have only been at these a very short time. the collection by mevious is very good too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can you make glados talk? :p

• Advertisement

Can you make glados talk? :p

No, they add random Cave Johnson audio to the published maps.

For bonus points have a look at your character through a portal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any decent coop levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Took nearly 10 minutes to buy it for the kid :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yay, Portal 2 was cheap this week.
    Finally I get to join the party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Super, super game, been playing through it again on the 360 having recently read through 'the final hours' (well worth a purchase for a couple of quid btw). But I've just bought it for the PC (<€7 atm ffs!) to check out The Perpetual Testing initiative, should be fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

25 minutes of Cave Johnson :D

Advertisement